Rear DRLs on permanently

billyali86

Reaction score
Does anyone have the coding to do this?

Think they look a hell of a lot better on! I am sure I have seen it somwhere else on the forum but apparently this also turns on iterior lighting which I don't want.

Thanks Lads!

Is there the option to have the sweeping indicators as on the latest a7, a8, r8 etc

Reactions: L1ARR
physically not possible on the 8V without modifications buddy

You can make them flash but not sweep. I have it on my S3. No bother from the police either.

I am surprised they can't sweep, I have seen a couple of mk7 Golf R's with this mod and it looks good.

you either need a new module or new cluster for the LED to sweep, can't remember which one but software won't do it.

Reactions: L1ARR
So tried this with a friend last night

Now the passenger rear DRL is on and the driver side is not, just noticed today as lights were on auto last night and they both come on when on auto in the dark (scratches head)

Its driving my OCD wild!

So tried this with a friend last night

Now the passenger rear DRL is on and the driver side is not, just noticed today as lights were on auto last night and they both come on when on auto in the dark (scratches head)

Its driving my OCD wild!

Yea, you have to do each side individually. I have the coding for it. I will try find it.

Reactions: billyali86
here you go.

Select
1.STG 09 (vehicle power)
2.STG access authorization -> Function 16 Enter
3.Security code 31347
4.Adaptation -> Function 10 Select Leuchte23SL HLC10-light function D23 -
5.channel (9)
6.Wert put on Daytime Running Lights Select Leuchte24SL HRA65-light function D24 -
7.channel (9)
8.Wert put on daytime running lights Select Leuchte26NSL LA72-light function D26 -
9.Channel (9)
10.Wert put on daytime running lights Select Leuchte27NSL RC6-light function D27 -

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Select
1.STG 09 (vehicle power)
3.Security code 31347
5.channel (9)
6.Wert put on Daytime Running Lights Select Leuchte24SL HRA65-light function D24 -
7.channel (9)
8.Wert put on daytime running lights Select Leuchte26NSL LA72-light function D26 -
9.Channel (9)
10.Wert put on daytime running lights Select Leuchte27NSL RC6-light function D27 -

Is this the code to go with your video above?

Select
1.STG 09 (vehicle power)
3.Security code 31347
5.channel (9)
7.channel (9)
9.Channel (9)

Is this the code to go with your video above?
The Indicator Phase Adaptations from the video are as attached. The Adaptations you have listed are for Rear LED Lights as Day Light Running Lights.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 15.32.23.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 15.32.23.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: geo_nr1
Question: I have the Hex-Can cable with the VCDS 11.11.3 software running on WIN XP. It was great for my 8P but, Central Electronics, for example, doesn't work with my 2015 8V. Can I keep the cable? What software do I need to run, 12.12? Do I need a new laptop as well, WIN 7, WIN 10? I have a WIN 10 already but it seems 12.12 doesn't run on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Question: I have the Hex-Can cable with the VCDS 11.11.3 software running on WIN XP. It was great for my 8P but, Central Electronics, for example, doesn't work with my 2015 8V. Can I keep the cable? What software do I need to run, 12.12? Do I need a new laptop as well, WIN 7, WIN 10? I have a WIN 10 already but it seems 12.12 doesn't run on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Buy genuine VCDS and you will not have an issue with any windows operating system or vehicle compatibility :)

Buy genuine VCDS and you will not have an issue with any windows operating system or vehicle compatibility :)

I don't disagree. This cable and software has been good to me for 6 years now. If I bought real, and use it once or twice a year, not economical, and say I bought a newer than 2015 car, I have to keep on paying, correct? Again, not economical for just an enthusiast, I am not a shop.

I don't disagree. This cable and software has been good to me for 6 years now. If I bought real, and use it once or twice a year, not economical, and say I bought a newer than 2015 car, I have to keep on paying, correct? Again, not economical for just an enthusiast, I am not a shop.
Good for you. You go ahead and fund the people who steal from Ross-tech in order to make a Chinese replica as cheap as possible in order to sell to people like you, who would risk there cars’ electronics and possibly safety in order to save some money.

Genuine v2 cables start from approx £245.00. Buy one, add yourself to the vcds users map of this forum, ask a little beer money in exchange for usage, cable pays for itself in no time and you meet a good number of cool like minded people.

Reactions: teslaboy and T-800
Good for you. You go ahead and fund the people who steal from Ross-tech in order to make a Chinese replica as cheap as possible in order to sell to people like you, who would risk there cars’ electronics and possibly safety in order to save some money.

Genuine v2 cables start from approx £245.00. Buy one, add yourself to the vcds users map of this forum, ask a little beer money in exchange for usage, cable pays for itself in no time and you meet a good number of cool like minded people.

What he said

Never understand people that think it’s fine to use copies of VCDS to screw up their car with.

Buy the latest V2 cable and you’ll be good for years to come.

If you purchase the unlimited VIN V2 you’ll have future resale value, because it’s unlimited vins and you can sell it on, plus as Alex says above you can offer tweaks to other members for a nominal fee.