Rear door control module questions.

bigchunk

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with this one. I have a facelift S6 and noticed that the inner door handles on the front have a small bulb lighting them up red at night but the rears don't, so I pulled off one the rear door panels th see what I needed and also to see about fitting puddle lights (again both front doors have but rears don't) when I removed rpthe panel I actually found I do have the inner door handle light fitted to the door panel and they plug into the door module, but they don't work? So do I need new door modules or is it just a coding issue. I have a pic of the module but I don't know how to load it from my iPad. The part number is 4G8 959 795 J.

Hope someone can help me with this one. I have a facelift S6 and noticed that the inner door handles on the front have a small bulb lighting them up red at night but the rears don't, so I pulled off one the rear door panels th see what I needed and also to see about fitting puddle lights (again both front doors have but rears don't) when I removed rpthe panel I actually found I do have the inner door handle light fitted to the door panel and they plug into the door module, but they don't work? So do I need new door modules or is it just a coding issue. I have a pic of the module but I don't know how to load it from my iPad. The part number is 4G8 959 795 J.

I'd like to know the answer to this question too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, the daft person that I am just worked this out, if you have the child locks activated then the rear door handle lights are de-activated. As soon as I switched the child locks off then. The handle lights came back on.

Reactions: mcwharam
Big chunk I will have to check mine as I know my child locks are on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is the case - then that for me is very sophisticated.

It's definitely the case for my car anyway, it makes sense too, as why have the inner handles lit when you have cut them off, nice wee touch from Audi.

Reactions: mcwharam