Rear 'Door' Card - 3door A3 - Removal

Wizza

Reaction score
Wanting to change rear speakers but bit stumped.

I don't want to pull and pull at the card incase it breaks. I know the rear window seal must be 'lifted' first but whats the next stage?

Thanks.

lift the window seal, remove the seat bed and then lower the seat back so its completely flat and then i'm afraid it's time to pull on it. Make sure you distribute your force across a reasonable length of the door card else it will tear and try and pull on it where you know the clips are. I think there are three clips along the top and 4 down the pillar (assuming its the same as an S3).

......or at least that's how i removed mine...

Also when i removed mine one of the metal clips was so tight that it actually pulled the plastic bracket off of the back of the door card so i had to hot glue it back on.

be careful and take it slowly. I did swear alot doing mine

Aye, I had that same clip issue with the plastic clips around the rear window on the boot.

Cheers though :)

I'm looking to get at my rear speakers tomorrow, is there another link to this pdf that Andy linked above?

I got a 3door a3 and my speak don't work on back door cards not ones in the boot. How do I take the two side cards off to replace with new speakers

Off the top of my head, you need to remove the sill trims, these just pull off, but they need a firm tug! Take the rear seats bases out for better access, it's obvious how they come out once you have a look. Pop the rear windows open and lift the window seal between the body and door card. There's probably a couple of plastic screws that need undoing by the rear wheel arch of the card? The whole rear card just pulls off, it's very tight though, so try not to flex it too much whilst tugging. There must be around 4-5 clips along the top, and 3 or 4 down the b-pillar part, just firm strong tugs, as they are the classic VA metal spring loaded type clips, they kind of pop off.

A vague description, it's been 5 years or so since I last took mine off!

Good luck!