Facelift Rear differential lock switch fault

Shakemagroovethangg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Plugged in Carista and it has diagnosed my car with this fault - ABS 00298 Rear differential lock switch. I’ve reset the fault and given the car a good run including a couple of launches, it seems to be performing well but I hadn’t noticed any issues with the car before anyway. I plugged Carista back in and the fault hasn’t reappeared.

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the Haldex system or not. If anyone has anymore technical knowledge of this I’d much appreciate some advice. I just had the car serviced two weeks ago by Audi and they never told me of any problems!

Facelift stock RS3 Saloon with 12,000 miles

Thanks

Could be just a glitch then. Have you tried putting the fault code into google, it normally sends you to the Ross tech website which explains what the fault is, what to check and how to go about rectifying it. Used this site a few times in the past and it’s very informative.

Reactions: teslaboy
Could be just a glitch then. Have you tried putting the fault code into google, it normally sends you to the Ross tech website which explains what the fault is, what to check and how to go about rectifying it. Used this site a few times in the past and it’s very informative.

Yes perhaps it is a glitch. I’ll monitor over the next few weeks. Not getting any more information on the code from google