Rear Diff Oil Change.?

Poole

Reaction score
Appreciate anyone’s help/input concerning the above really..?

Whilst not due, ( PFL 2016) have heard if you’re keeping the car long term. It’s been suggested a rear diff oil change, as there has been some stories of diff failures due to oil going waxy..? So trying a preventative measure.

Is the correct oil the same as S-tronic gearbox oil ....G052 182 A2, and if so how much is required.?

Any advice many thanks...

Whilst not due, ( PFL 2016) have heard if you’re keeping the car long term. It’s been suggested a rear diff oil change, as there has been some stories of diff failures due to oil going waxy..? So trying a preventative measure.

Is the correct oil the same as S-tronic gearbox oil ....G052 182 A2, and if so how much is required.?

I've got this part number for 'Axle oil' as it's listed and it comes in 1 litre G052145S2

Hey Sean

Many thanks for your reply, after some further research the part number I wrongly quoted was for the R32..

From what I found, is it case of simply fill up via the higher filler point ,& when the oil level is above this and starts dribbling out. Then that’s it..?? Would 1 bottle be enough..?

Thanks again keep safe..

Hi,

G052145s2 is indeed the rear "Axle Oil" not Haldex.

We can supply that for £29.00 and 1ltr is all that's required.

Thanks

It is due when the car is 3 years old....