Rear cup holders

PhilConran

Reaction score
Had a SB Sport for a week and thought I'd look for some of the minor things on the spec list, but just can't find the rear cup holders. Am I being thick or do they not exist despite the spec say they should?
Thanks.

On the 3-door they're on the outside front edge of the seats but that's obviously not possible with opening doors there so don't know where they'd be. It must have them though - there's no way they'd put them in the three door but not the five.

On the 3-door they're on the outside front edge of the seats but that's obviously not possible with opening doors there so don't know where they'd be. It must have them though - there's no way they'd put them in the three door but not the five.

I have seen them in a picture and I think they pull out from the centre section of the rear seats.

They're in the rear centre armrest, but you only get one if you have through load.

Yes you're right. They pull out from the centre armrest when it's in the lowered position and this armrest is part of the through load option.

The item is option 3NU on p65 of the current downloadable Pricing and Specification Guidewhich and reads as:

Through-load facility.
For safely transporting long objects, includes rear centre armrest with cupholders and a storage compartment.

The main SE model equipment on p22 is wrong in implying that all SEs have cup holders in the rear. This is only true on the 3-door.

Last edited:
Thanks to all respondents. Audi dealership has just confirm what H5 said having being flummoxed at first and having to look at a number of SBs to check. Looks like I'll have to return the car - can't live without rear cupholders......

Thanks to all respondents. Audi dealership has just confirm what H5 said having being flummoxed at first and having to look at a number of SBs to check. Looks like I'll have to return the car - can't live without rear cupholders......

joking?

I've got them in my SB in the rear as I specced load through which means you also get a rear arm rest.

They have not been used so far....two and a half months old and 5500 miles!

Definitely. Love it although secretly wishing I had gone for the S-Line. Got a chance to 'play' with Active Lane Assist at the weekend. Awesome technology.

Can't wait to get mine then :)