Rear cross traffic alerts/assistance?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
I just realised that we do not have rear cross traffic alerts and assist on the new RS3 on any of the cars.

Audi package the rear assist WITH the blind spot/lane charge assist - which we also do not have.

However, I understand that the rear cross traffic alerts use the same sensors as the auto park feature so should be able to be activated using OBDeleven/VCDS.

Has anyone tried this? I do not know what the coding would be.

@DJAlix maybe you know?

I just realised that we do not have rear cross traffic alerts and assist on the new RS3 on any of the cars.

Audi package the rear assist WITH the blind spot/lane charge assist - which we also do not have.

However, I understand that the rear cross traffic alerts use the same sensors as the auto park feature so should be able to be activated using OBDeleven/VCDS.

Has anyone tried this? I do not know what the coding would be.

@DJAlix maybe you know?
I had the rear cross gadget on my TTS.....like you say it uses the self parking sensors but l wouldn't go out my way to have it

Reactions: 8YARWY
It's in adaptions, along with traffic light recognition, which I've tried but doesn't work.

When I've time I'm gonna enable it to test.

It's in adaptions, along with traffic light recognition, which I've tried but doesn't work.

When I've time I'm gonna enable it to test.
Doesn't yer RS3 not have traffic sign recognition?

On the 8V I'm sure the cross traffic was handled by the radar sensors that are hidden behind the bumper for the lane change assistant, not the self park sensors?
Sounds like the same setup on the 8Y if you have to spec that option as a package!

On the 8V I'm sure the cross traffic was handled by the radar sensors that are hidden behind the bumper for the lane change assistant, not the self park sensors?
Sounds like the same setup on the 8Y if you have to spec that option as a package!
I was thinking the same as I didn't expect the parking sensors to have enough range to pick up an approaching vehicle at any useful distance.

Yes it does require the radar sensors in the rear bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Kufatec sell the kit, 681 Euros for the 8Y.

IMG 8947

Last edited:
It is beyond stupid that they removed this function from the car.

It genuinely is useful to have the car break if someone suddenly drives up behind you when reversing.

The cost from Kaufatec isn’t too unreasonable here. I imagine it would cost around £900 fitted.

It genuinely is useful to have the car break if someone suddenly drives up behind you when reversing.

The cost from Kaufatec isn’t too unreasonable here. I imagine it would cost around £900 fitted.
Cost cutting now that's not stupid in the eyes of Audi you shouldn't get so wrapped up with gadgets mate

Cost cutting now that's not stupid in the eyes of Audi you shouldn't get so wrapped up with gadgets mate
Maybe he's like me and just likes having gadgets? Why did you order a Vorsprung anyway if you seem so against having any of these gadgets and assistance systems on the car?

Reactions: 3vans and Spinstorm
I thought
Maybe he's like me and just likes having gadgets? Why did you order a Vorsprung anyway if you seem so against having any of these gadgets and assistance systems on the car?
I thought@Spinstorm was a one off....lol l ordered a vorsprung for the pan roof
He starts a thread for every gadget under the sun.....as long a RS3 looks the part drives like $hit off a shovel and is fitted with must have equipment everything else is secondary

Last edited:

I’m all for tech as much as the next man, but when it makes things randomly behave weird etc I find it just can’t be trusted…….

It also starts a new breed of driver thinking they don’t need to get involved when driving along, because the ‘car’ will sort things out.

Drivers are being ‘dumbed’ down….

Reactions: Frizzley, RichK and Jassyo06
I thought

He starts a thread for every gadget under the sun.....as long a RS3 looks the part drives like $hit off a shovel and is fitted with must have equipment everything else is secondary
But you know that the car drives fantastic; it is more fun and involving than ever. I have an issue with Audi removing features that they originally listed as I’m sure you would agree but worse is removing features on the previous generation that are available elsewhere…

If I had a spare £5k I would get the 360 cameras fitted, the blind-spot assist and get an alcantara flat-bottom wheel but the problem is I don’t have any spare money at all…

Reactions: Jassyo06
But you know that the car drives fantastic; it is more fun and involving than ever. I have an issue with Audi removing features that they originally listed as I’m sure you would agree but worse is removing features on the previous generation that are available elsewhere…

If I had a spare £5k I would get the 360 cameras fitted, the blind-spot assist and get an alcantara flat-bottom wheel but the problem is I don’t have any spare money at all…
Wheres all the YT money going......... :respekt:

Reactions: Mastachaz and Jassyo06

Why would you want your car to break? last thing you need is a trip to the dealer....................

Reactions: Frizzley
I thought

Ouch, £8k for a sunroof...

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans and Frizzley
Genuine question on this and not a dig as I love gadgets as much as the next person.

Besides being an aid for people who can't be bothered/not able (due to the parking location) to reverse park (much safer) are there any other benefits of this system?

Genuine question on this and not a dig as I love gadgets as much as the next person.

Besides being an aid for people who can't be bothered/not able (due to the parking location) to reverse park (much safer) are there any other benefits of this system?

Can’t think of any, I never park rear out

Always bugs me how people reverse out of driveways into busy roads, bonkers.

^ I'm sure it is, or used to be illegal as well ?

PS: apparently not
Is it legal to reverse onto a main road?

While it's not illegal to reverse out of a driveway onto a main road, it's not advisable. Reversing into the driveway is a better option as you control the traffic flow behind you on the busy road. However, the safest option is if you can turn around in the driveway.

^ I'm sure it is, or used to be illegal as well ?

PS: apparently not
Is it legal to reverse onto a main road?

While it's not illegal to reverse out of a driveway onto a main road, it's not advisable. Reversing into the driveway is a better option as you control the traffic flow behind you on the busy road. However, the safest option is if you can turn around in the driveway.
I see this more as a situation of parking in a supermarket or hotel car park and then reversing out.

But also consider you do a 3-point turn to turn around someone could also come up behind you and here in London it could be a reckless moped rider (who seem to be such bad drivers I don't understand how they are on the road).

^^ I have had the M5 and M2 stop the car on auto brakes when some fool has parked / stopped behind me in between me getting in to the car and moving off!

TX.

Reactions: Spinstorm
There are a lot of idiots around at the moment, the standard of driving is c*ap, indicators and manners are a thing of the past with about 80% of drivers these days, I find now I have to think for other people, especially at things like slip roads, both entering and leaving, the amount that either change lanes or simply enter our local dual carraigeway and go straight over to the outside lane without both enough speed and any indication of their intentions is awfull

Reactions: Spinstorm and -Ju-
There are a lot of idiots around at the moment, the standard of driving is c*ap, indicators and manners are a thing of the past with about 80% of drivers these days, I find now I have to think for other people, especially at things like slip roads, both entering and leaving, the amount that either change lanes or simply enter our local dual carraigeway and go straight over to the outside lane without both enough speed and any indication of their intentions is awfull
I thought that was just a Bradford problem, I don't feel so bad now lol

Reactions: Mike.46
I thought that was just a Bradford problem, I don't feel so bad now lol

Bad standard of driving everywhere now…..

As Mike above says, it’s all about thinking for the other people on the road, no one gives way these days if their side of the road has parked vehicles on it.
People that can’t turn into streets properly and nearly take the front of your car off, lazy lazy drivers about.

Reactions: Mike.46, -Ju- and Spinstorm
As I said in the other thread - the maddening thing is that the MY22 S3 Vorsprung I grabbed to wait in whilst my RS3 came had both of these and USB-C in the rear as well and it’s the model below the car I’m in now.

I won’t repeat some of the things Audi UK have said to me but at this point it’s safe to assume they know they’re mugging us all off and they’re just seeing what they can get away with as we’re a captive customer base - what are we going to do, cancel and walk away? What else are we going to get. They know this and are taking advantage of it.

Reactions: Jassyo06
As I said in the other thread - the maddening thing is that the MY22 S3 Vorsprung I grabbed to wait in whilst my RS3 came had both of these and USB-C in the rear as well and it’s the model below the car I’m in now.

I won’t repeat some of the things Audi UK have said to me but at this point it’s safe to assume they know they’re mugging us all off and they’re just seeing what they can get away with as we’re a captive customer base - what are we going to do, cancel and walk away? What else are we going to get. They know this and are taking advantage of it.

I was out on my old 2 stroke Kawasaki yesterday and stopped on a roundabout off the local dual carraigeway to perform a plug chop, A Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo came silently but at a hell of a pace around said roundabout, I was well impressed :)

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I was out on my old 2 stroke Kawasaki yesterday and stopped on a roundabout off the local dual carraigeway to perform a plug chop, A Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo came silently but at a hell of a pace around said roundabout, I was well impressed :)
I can't speak for others on here but a Taycan is way out of my reach and for a new order ...well let's just you won't get one this year if you ordered today
I have driven one and even if l could afford one it's not my type of car = all done to what propels it's wheels it also has a huge flaw with entering and existing it....A/B door column you'll head butt it continually exiting and crack your back on when entering plus rear visibility is dreadful

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Mike.46