Rear Bumper Removal

Jon

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know how to remove the rear bumper on an S3? I need to take mine off and realign it because it's popped off the little rail on the drivers side where some pond life reversed into it when it was on my drive. Need to get it done quick because it's getting part exed a week on Saturday and Audi are whinging about it.

Just wondering if any of you guys and gals know where the bolts etc are and how easy it is to do.

Cheers,

Jon.

Jon,
Sorry can't speak from experience, but looking at the ETKA parts manual (Which is only as accurate as the technical illustrator wanted to be) it shows a mounting rail above the bumper which secures the bumper with several screws on the top edge of it. The rail appears to be covered by a strip just under the tailgate.

Don't know if the above will help or not, but if not and if nodoby has done this before or has the Bentley's, as a last resort you could download the appropriate section from the Audi service manual at Erwin (See below), it is an official Audi site so it will cost you for the download, but could be worth it, if nothing better comes along.

https://erwin.audi.de/index.jsp

Gambba. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jon,

Sorry can't help you with the bumper but what sort of car are you part ex-ing your S3 for?

Cheers,

Christian

A4 Cabriolet, 2.4 V6, multitronic, silver, blue leather, blue hood, cool box, sportpack.

looking fwd 2 it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice, very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Hope to see it at the Buxton meet.

Christian