Rear Bumper Diuffuser

j1sgo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know what rear bumper/diffuser set up this is and if it will fit a 3 door?

Think the username on the post was "Arjuanamo"

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• Arjuanamo Rear Diffuser (2).jpg
    Arjuanamo Rear Diffuser (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 280
Hi,

That is a RS3 bumper I got off eBay Germany for £400 . I originally wanted an S3 one but the seller offered me an RS3 one painted in Ibis White for £20 more .The gloss black diffuser suits a white car far better than the dark grey S3 one in my opinion .

If you want to fit this on a 3 door you would have to get the top section what is really easy to find and then just get the RS3 lower section . The link above shows an even easier method to getting something that looks similar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys,

Arjuanamo - Car looks sweet fair play ;)

I wonder if you can just get a diffuser this style to fit a 2005/6 s line rear bumper then, that's if the diffuser is even removable on the s line bumper?

The top section of the bumper is exactly the same on an A3 (pre 8P3) , S3 ,RS3 .

The only difference is the lower diffuser section what actually makes a huge difference to the rear .

I just realised that the original RS3 won't fit as you have a three door . You could look for an aftermarket one .If your feeling brave get an S3 lower section and modify it to fit the RS3 one .

13995439 10153706652356373 2374629485887882604 o

I do not recommend modyfying the parts to fit a 3 door, You have to butcher a oem rs3 diffusser and a oem lower 2011 s3 bumper which only fits a 2011 oem s3 upper bumper. It involves allot of hand shaping and fettling. One wrong move and you have thown money out the window! You also need to fabricate new hangers and brackets because you will have cut off all the standard ones. 80mm tips look lost in a rs3 diffuser so that needs addressing also. I am pleased with the results on mine but I would never ever do it again!

The problem with the cheap solution in the above ebay link is the rear wheel arches, that bumper will not line up with a3 or s3 wheel arches without modification.