1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Rear bumper change. Ideas

Untamed Sep 20, 2016

1. Untamed

Untamed Member

Hiya I'm wanting to change my rear bumper. Make it a little lower . I've looked around and seen different defuser's and whole new bumpers I was wondering what my options would be such as just changing the bottom bit. My car is a audi a3 2005 but the person before me had changed parts over so I dunno what is what on this car and what version my parts are mixed from sline or s3 versions I have side skirts Hense wanting the back to drop slightly.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Cant see the lower valance on the bumper but looks to me like you have a facelift rear bumper which IMO is perfect

You could put the S3 rear valence on but IMO I would leave it - I would invest my money in MY09/11 rear lights, remove the A3 and 2.0T badges, dewiper (www.gecleant.de) and remove the dealer sticker from the rear window.

4. Untamed

Untamed Member

Hiya sorry there the up to date pictures of the back of the car. I've been thinking what rear lights I could upgrade too as I wanna change them too. Do you still think a s3 vallance still. Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

5. Ady786

Ady786 Member

Hi your car has a sline rear bumper of a 2006-2008 version

6. Untamed

Untamed Member

Am I able to change the diffuser as I only really wanna change the bottom of it. Do I need to get a new diffuser from a 2006-2008 rear bumper or will anyone just fit. Thank you for your help

7. Boydie

As said, what you have is a facelift S-line rear bumper which IMO is fine.

I am not sure if you can add the S3 lower apron or not without some modification but I am sure it has been done before but again, IMO, its not a S3 therefore I wouldnt bother.

Personally I would get the tow eye cover back on, change the exhaust tips, black or standard Audi rings with MY2009+ rear lights from a facelift A3 and de-rear wiper it.

Keep it fresh and clean looking. Sometimes, again IMO, people go a bit overboard to make it different - I am guilty too here by the way, but less is more and people will appreciate a clean car than a car with random bits stuck on with a different colour.

8. Boydie

I havent got a proper picture of the rear of my 2004 TDI (pre facelift) which I owned back in 2006 or so but I had the facelift rear valence fitted, facelft lights, miltek exhaust and debadged and wipered

[​IMG]

My old S3 which I de-rear wipered and put 2009 rear lights on

[​IMG]

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-new-s-blue-s3.75764/page-11

9. Jake 61

Jake 61 Teacher of bad things..! Team Brill Red Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A3

You can change the lower part for S3, it just un-clips from the upper part.
    By the time you get one and paint it, it'll be about £200.
    Just as an aside, the sportback will not fit a 3 door bumper properly, so get the right one.