Rear Brakes 1KW

UisT4

Reaction score
I've got a sticking caliper on my Avant with 1KW rear brakes, these are the 288mm x 12mm discs.

Before I replace the caliper I'm going to see if the piston can be freed up/cleaned a little first. The sliding pins are not in the best condition as I've had them out before for greasing but I can't find a part number for replacing them only, does anyone know what I need?

Capture

Also if I find that the caliper needs to be swapped is this below the one I need?

Capture1

I've got brand new Brembo discs and pads to go on but don't want to install them until I know for sure the caliper is free

You don't need ripping off with silly prices like that. Have a look at Autodoc.co.uk
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=8e0615424h
You can get a caliper and buy new sliders etc for less than £100 . The problem is likely to be the caliper itself. They are a fairly poor design and eventually water gets in past the seal on the piston and they stick.

Yes I wouldn't pay that for a caliper, if it had to be ECP they have a sale every 5 mins so would be 40-50% less, plus refund for old caliper.

Managed to free it up anyway so I think I'll just order kits from Bigg Red and overhaul and repaint them.