Rear brake light help needed

Grale1

Reaction score
I just put preface lift lights on my car this afternoon, bought second hand. The problem I have is the drivers side all works fine, the passenger side the brake bulb was blown so changed it using one from old cluster, and it doesn't work (brake light) now if I put the light unit from drivers side to passenger side the passenger side works and drivers side doesn't, I've tried all light units and its all the same out come, I've checked the brake fuse and that's fine, now I'm stuck to where else to go,

any help would be great, a3 1.8 AGU if this helps

If the brake lights work on the drivers side and not the pass side, and if when the drives bulb holder is in the pass side it works then it can only really be the bulb holder is faulty, its late and im tried i hope i have read it correctly????

I'm still trying to find info on what it could be, thanks for your in put tho mate, I've tried 3 different bulb carriers, think ill have to take it to garage and get them to put the vcds on and see

I got my light problem sorted, it turned out to be a bad brake light bulb, had 4 bulbs none worked till new put in, it's always the simple things lol,