Rear Brake Discs

I had the same question the other day when purchasing for my 2.5TDi.
The only website that seemed to be sure on weather they were 245/255mm was nextdaybrakes.com
However they list both for the 1.8t Avant.

I measured the width of the brake discs on mine to be sure, they are either 10mm or 12mm - I found it fairly easy to get a tape measure in-between the spokes and behind the brake dust guard.

Reactions: Welshquattro
Thanks alex! I'll try that when I get my car back later. Didn't fancy having to take wheel off just to measure it.

Does this apply to the 1.9tdi aswel? As mine are getting close and thinking of upgrading to drilled and vented, worth it??

Well I'm going to order standard rear discs and pads. Thanks to alex I found brembo discs and pads with 15% off and free postage!

In my opinion, drilled & grooved are not worth it (even on the front) unless you are planning on hammering it round a track and getting them very, very hot.
I have had drilled & grooved in the past on a few cars, I have always found solid discs with a decent set of hot pads to be better (they will last longer too).
If you find your struggling with brake fade then try out a set of Ferodo DS2500 pads on your standard discs - you will be shocked.

The rear discs on the A4 are not vented as such as they are solid discs (no gap in the middle) - To change to vented discs you will need to swap over the calipers.

Drilled and grooved do look good in some cases, but they can also look a little silly on a small disc like the rears on an A4.

Just stick to reputable brands (pagid, ferodo, brembo.etc) - stay away from anything EBC.

Reactions: pauldazzle and Welshquattro
Nice 1 Alex, full of info as always, top lad!!

Yeh i have had a lot of cars with drilled and grooved, more for the look than anything, but ya right sometimes the rears do look silly as they are so small, standards it is then, where you getting these Brembo's from at 15%discount??

I got mine from eurocarparts the other day with a discount code (worked out at £21/ea for 255mm standard Pagid discs)

Reactions: ruffrida
Haha! Same here,only went on their site for oil and ended up buying discs aswell!

Hahhaha this is always the way fella, do it loads, go on 1 website end up buying things i aint even thought of hahah, a nice heavy box again for the postie, lol. Wants to stop moaning and get it delivered!

Well if anyone needs any 245's give me a shout. I have some brand new I need rid of.

Just fitted a full set of mintex discs with pads. All seems fine. Nothing different from the genuine audi ones I had on before. £125 for everything. 1.9tdi 130 with 245 rears.

Reactions: ruffrida
Why do you feel stupid?
I think 245mm is pretty standard. 255mm is on the larger and more powerful ones iirc.

I went on ECP and GSF online and quoted me different sizes after putting reg in
So I rang audi with reg plate and found out for mine