REAR B6 CAB LIGHTS

vwnutant

Reaction score
Website
www.ukpassats.co.uk
Hello ,

quick question please

Are the b7 rear lights a straight swap for the b6 ones on the AUDI A4 Cab Please , can you advise if so? or what else is needed

cheers
ant

They will fit straight in but will either need a little work to the cluster so that your b6 bulb holders fit into the b7 unit + delete a reverse light and a fog light as the b7 units on have 1 reverse light and one fog light and then you just need to code out the top tail light with VAG COM so that they work as they should.

Other option which most do is buy the b7 bulb holders and then buy an adaptor so that it fits the b6 loom.

I did the top option as it saves you alot of money and the b6 to b7 loom adaptor is expensive.

I can take photos of mine so you can see what needs adjusting on the b7 unit to fit the b6 holders if you like tomorrow

They will fit straight in but will either need a little work to the cluster so that your b6 bulb holders fit into the b7 unit + delete a reverse light and a fog light as the b7 units on have 1 reverse light and one fog light and then you just need to code out the top tail light with VAG COM so that they work as they should.

Other option which most do is buy the b7 bulb holders and then buy an adaptor so that it fits the b6 loom.

I did the top option as it saves you alot of money and the b6 to b7 loom adaptor is expensive.

I can take photos of mine so you can see what needs adjusting on the b7 unit to fit the b6 holders if you like tomorrow

This is on my list of things to do,

Have read before that you need to add a resistor in somewhere aswell, is that correct?

You can do but you can also just tuck the unused reverse light and fog light behind the bumper with something waterproof and non flammable around it

I have just bought a set of used lights b7 complete with bulb holders , so just now need a how-to and direction re the wiring units you mention I think :)

cheers
ant

Awesome.

Handy you got the b7 loom as I just had a look at mine and your need to cut the tail light off the b7 loom and solder it in place of the b6 tail light bulb holder as the b7 uses a small 501 bulb!.

Quick brief photos
Cut a slot on here, once you put the b6 holders into the b7 cluster it will become clear where to cut.

you can see where if fitted the b7 tail light holder to the b6 loom
J

I can get better photos if needed