1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Axle Upper control arms

Mr DJ MOORE May 14, 2018

1. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

Mine are shot. I can only find the lowers, does anyone know the part number for rear axle uppers (I've searched all my normal places)
    I think this means either replacing just the bushes probably with a universal poly bush, or stealer only.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Lemforder sell them search the lemforder online catalog. However the bush will take hours of work to replace, as you cannot take the bolt out to remove the upper arm as the fuel tank is in the way, so to remove/drop the tank you need to drop the subframe.

Mr DJ MOORE likes this.
  4. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

For faqs sake. Well if I can replace just the bush I might just do the one nearest the hub as that's the one with play.

Thank you for the info B5Nut

5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

that is what I did, I could not justify all that work for one single bush.

Mr DJ MOORE likes this.
  6. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

Thanks, I've ordered the bushings, I'll try to take some pictures to make a bit of a guide along with part numbers to help others. I spent ages making sure the part numbers were correct (hopfully) incidentally was it a pain to get in / out.
    I have looked online and think I will go with the socket and threaded rod approach.

7. B5NUT

8. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

ha you've done some Basics!!!! looks like an entirely new rear end

9. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

10. Mr DJ MOORE

Mr DJ MOORE Member

I got my drivers side swapped out, took about an hour start to finish. I'd left a couple of sockets at home which would have helped me do a bit less faffing so I think if you are prepared and get a good go of it 30 minutes is doable.

so what I should used to get it out / in

1x M12 x 150mm coach boltn ( the square end fit nicely into the 1/2 drive socket)
    1x 38mm 1/2 impact sockett (wide enough for the bush to fit into)
    1x 27mm 1/2 impact socket to start the bush moving, then swapped to a 24mm socket to it would clear the hole.
    10x m12 washers instead of a roller bearing
    1x m12 nut
    1x 19mm deep 1/2 drive socket to tighten the nut to pull / push the bush out of and into place.

Febi Part from Euro car parts;

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...b33f3e3f7eeb6979001968ae95f8dbe60dccba&000437

All in all will have spent somewhere close to £30 quid. (except the wheel alignment I have booked in tomorrow)

Thanks B5nut for the tips.