Rear arm outer bush/joint replacement

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Right then, seeing as spring is almost here & I've nearly finished fitting the new kitchen (at last), I am gearing up to fit my new suspension set-up.

I shall be replacing the rear trailing arm bushes & inner arm bushes (upper & lower) with either Powerflex or SuperPro equivalents, aswell as a MkIV R32 rear ARB, Bilstein B8 shocks, H&R lowering springs and Forge adjustable tie-bars.

My question is regarding the rear arm outer bushes/joints. I'm planning to replace them with new OEM parts while I'm at it, but are these straightforward to remove & re-fit or would you advise getting these done professionally?

All advice & suggestions welcome!

If you mean the ones in the hubs then id get them professionaly done, i am, they will be a **** to get out and also another members just done his and had to have one apot welded in as the old bush had corroded the hub.

Put it this way ive got my car booked in wednesday for these and the rear brake pads fitting and i aint shy with the spanners, fiited some adjustable top mounts today and dont fancy even attempting the bushes. Also make sure you fit the revised bushes.