Rear ARB on 2000 A3 1.8T??

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Mate of mine has an A3 1.8T from 2000 front wheel drive. He changed all of his suspension yesterday but was baffled that he couldn't locate the rear ARB (he did change the front ARB but wanted to check what size the rear had for later modding). My question (for him): Are there any rear ARB on this particular model...

Cheers

Mate of mine has an A3 1.8T from 2000 front wheel drive. He changed all of his suspension yesterday but was baffled that he couldn't locate the rear ARB (he did change the front ARB but wanted to check what size the rear had for later modding). My question (for him): Are there any rear ARB on this particular model...

Cheers

Mines got one, same car, same year so not sure whats going on there:blink:

Mines got one, same car, same year so not sure whats going on there:blink:

?? hmmm...I took a look just now and there's a bar that runs "inside" the rear axle...Is that the one...don't see how we can get it out?

There isnt one on a 2wd car. It has a torsion beam axle and the axle itself acts like an ARB

So whats the ****** great big yellow KW thing stuck to the back of my car then? :blink:

Mines a 2000 1.8TS 2wd and its got one, I've just been to check to make sure I wasnt imagining it......I wasnt, its there!.

So whats the ****** great big yellow KW thing stuck to the back of my car then? :blink:

Mines a 2000 1.8TS 2wd and its got one, I've just been to check to make sure I wasnt imagining it......I wasnt, its there!.

This I like more ;-) Now there's hope again! If you have a weblink or if you one day have a cellphone in your hand while bending down behind the car (Yea I know...)...could you throw a picture my way. My mate would be thrilled to know this...his car REALLY needs the ARB as the front don't seem to be quite effecient enough...

Thanks again!!

We've just been out in the garage and had yet another look...We can't seem to find any mounting points...does it connect to the same place in which the rear dampers are fixed (at the bottom of the damper?) with one bolt and nut?

Hold on chap, I'll pop out and hope my neighbours dont notice me crawling about on the drive with a camera :laugh:

n627580617_6564462_7773732.jpg

Here we go, bolted through where the bottom of the shock is fixed.

Cant remember what was there before to be honest though.

Thats because nothing is there normally, its a complete setup, and iirc no longer available, tho i expect to be proved wrong on that too,lol

Thats because nothing is there normally, its a complete setup, and iirc no longer available, tho i expect to be proved wrong on that too,lol

I cant remember what was there to be honest, I'm sure someone will come along and tell us all though!.

There are loads of front and back ARB kits available for the 1.8T Sport. Eibach do one, mine are KW.

T

There is a stock rear arb. You need to look inside the rear torsion beam. It's not very big.

One of the best handling mods is a second rear arb for the 2wd cars.

A3Tom, did you assume this big yellow bar on yours to be standard?

yeah, as HTC said, one of the best mods. Mine is an eibach.

Perhaps i should have been a bit clearer, there is no ARB as STD on the rear of a 2wd A3. On those points on the bottom of the shocks is normally nothing but the shock securing bolts, and as you can see the other mounts on the aftermarket ones are added.

The B5 A4 rear has been discontinued and you lucky 8L lot still can buy kits for yours

n627580617_6564462_7773732.jpg

Here we go, bolted through where the bottom of the shock is fixed.

Cant remember what was there before to be honest though.

Cheers Mate...you're the man of the day. Wonderful!! Mate will be one happy camper.

Even tho it's not standard with a rear ARB on this model it certainly needs it!!

Thanks!

A3Tom, did you assume this big yellow bar on yours to be standard?

yeah, as HTC said, one of the best mods. Mine is an eibach.

nooooooo, I know its not the standard one as I had the front and rear KW's fitted not long ago. I just never paid any attention to the old rear set up.

It really sorted out the handling to be honest, not sure why they dont have a decent one as standard to be honest.