Rear ARB FWD..

Jason.s

Reaction score
Now im selling one but wondered...Do very little people actually understand the benefits of upgrading or in this place fitting one when there isnt one as standard?

Everyones interested in coilovers and other bits but no one seems to understand the huge gain in fitting one? Coilovers 60 views 7 watchers..Rear ARB 18 views no watchers?

The difference it makes is probably greater than the coilovers. Ok the FWD platform isnt as common but then the amount looking at the coilovers which are fwd cancels that out but still people seem to glance over the fact its probably one of the best mods i ever did and once you have one you`d never really enjoy with driving without one.

I think its because most folk dont really understand cars handling. Perfectly highlighted by the number of people who fit £200 ebay coilovers, slam their car into the floor and proudly declare it handles like its "on rails". Always amuses me given that rails tend to be streight, and thus dont infact imply the car handles well at all, combined with the fact that a slammed car simply wont handle properly.

Then theres the folk that spend out on tuning and coilovers and whatever else, and run the car on some linglong hedgemasters.

People tend to follow everyone elses lead in the usual sheep style. On certain forums (B6 A4 for instance) everyone knows the rear ARB transforms the cars drive, and everyone buys and fits the standard RS4 part as an upgrade. On other forums, everyone nails on cheap coilovers and drives around on nankang ditchfinders with the delusion that their car handles well.

Similarly you get folk with S4s and RS4s who have money pouring out every orifice and who nail on expensive wheels and tyres, with high end coilovers and massive 8 pot brakes, then leave the original 10 year old knackered bushes on the car...

No idea mate.
Its not something that I've thought about.

And like you said, most people will over look it for the more common mod of Coilovers and like.