Really annoying Squeaking noise

S3 Nattie

Quattro ist für sissies
Reaction score
Hi guys, my cars has got a really loud constant squeaking noise coming from the N/S/F wheel. There is also a slight rattle/grating noise coming from that side too.

So far ive replaced the wheel bearing, took the piston out and cleaned it up etc, cleaned all the sliders and calipers, re greased the cv joint and changed the pads around with the the O/S/F and its still the same. The pads have a lot of life left in them and disc look ok and not warped as far as I can tell.

The squeaking noise is there once the disc/pads are warm. Any info would be great thanks.

I don't know why you would think it's the discs and pads! I would have thought it's more like the suspensions top mounts, look at them see if there is a gap then it's most likely to be the culprit

I don't know why you would think it's the discs and pads! I would have thought it's more like the suspensions top mounts, look at them see if there is a gap then it's most likely to be the culprit

Its not a rubber type squeak, more like a whistle type squeak if that makes sense. My top mounts are few months old too and dont think it would explain the rattle im experiencing too.

Copperslip on the back of the pads?

The back of the pads and sliders are all greased up Dave, really strange what it is.

I had a thought that my ABS sensors could be rubbing very slightly on the hub rings because my ABS/TC goes mad sometimes if I hit a bump at 10mph.

The only thing is the squeak comes once the brakes get hot so not sure if the ABS sensors would cause this but going to have a look at them anyway.

Any more suggestions anyone, really annoying the crap out of me.

Nope not yet bro. Going to try and get it on my friends ramp in the week.

This is the final straw with this car. As soon as this little problem is sorted its gone.