real poor mpg :(

smokiedee

Reaction score
yesterday i had 0 miles on miles left in tank and put in 20 litres of v power. i've done 62 miles and the low fuel light is back on surely i should have got more than that. the cars an agu a3 with a ko3s stage 2 r tech map. is there anything i can check as to why its so low or is it about right. also i've noticed that the low fuel light comes on at 15 miles now

driving it hard ?
fault codes?
running rich ?
boost/vac correct ?
ect...

Try a mini service?
But that sounds about rightish.
The 1.8t is a quirsty car especially if driven hard.
25 to the gallon around town is pretty good.

dunno about litres per blah blah blah... but, from full on mixed driving from my stage1 s3 i get between 350 to 400 miles, and from the red light i have pushed it to 40 miles and it was low!!! i was worried i was going to run out.

i know its not the best comparison to your car but hope it helps :)

knoxie

Mine does 40mpg on a run and 6 with my foot flat?? Although I do fink I'm either running rich or getting told lies from the gauge!! Hope that helps.

but with town driving you are going to use more fuel due to going up and down gears, try a duel carriage way or motorway at a steady speed

Hi ya mate, just to help you out with what other drivers getting. I get around 13 ltr to twenty pound of v power, i get 120-150 on the dash. with mixed road drivng i get around 100-120 miles. my light alway comes on at 45 miles. hopefully with a few of us stating our mileage-ltr ratio you can get a idea. (O yeah sometimes i drive it hard and ti does tend to lose 20-30 miles)

lift that right foot a bit bud!!lol! But i am finding my S3 is shocking on fuel around town, but actually very good on long journeys, but to be honest i never brought the car for its fuel consumption, as i thought it would be ****e and it is. I run a 106 1.5d as well as the s3, so i use that for short journeys and stuff, she is a beast 450miles to £50 worth of desiel and the car cost me £300.lol

lift that right foot a bit bud!!lol! But i am finding my S3 is shocking on fuel around town, but actually very good on long journeys, but to be honest i never brought the car for its fuel consumption, as i thought it would be ****e and it is. I run a 106 1.5d as well as the s3, so i use that for short journeys and stuff, she is a beast 450miles to £50 worth of desiel and the car cost me £300.lol
I would lift the right foot but it's clearly heavy!!! Seen as I have came from sports bikes I don't like to hang about so the fat foot meets the floor a fair bit!! Lol also had a Astra van and the mpg was so good I didn't care enough to work it out but it lasted a lifetime!! For my old commute to work (Milton Keynes to romford) it used to cost me about £15 a day but the s3 cost me £40 a day but saved me a lot off time!! :)
1.8t is a ****** expensive toy tho!

lol ur telling me!! i done that poxy commute for 2 and a half fecking years!!

right i filled to the brim, reset all of my trips, and done a few miles for you :)

its about 60% motorway and 40% back road raggings ;)

c17628be.jpg

i've defo got a problem lol scanned it today and came up with these codes. haven't got the full version of vag.com yet

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 018 R
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D06
Software Coding: 04000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00028
6 Faults Found:
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16519 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P0135 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
16514 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P0130 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
00561 - Mixture Adaptation
14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded
00543 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
00561 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
12-00 - Please Register/Activate

any news on your problems mate?

got another pic for you not filled up again yet, since the last pic i have done about 40 motorway miles, and the rest has been about 30 % town and 70 % back road ragging (daily cumute)

8abbf458.jpg

62miles from 20litres is quite worrying unless you have had your foot planted all over the place lol

i'm hoping it's my lambda sensor as i cleared the codes and codes 16519 and 00561 came back. i don't think the maf is at fault as i pulled a log of 174g/s today so gonna try the lambda sensor when i have time. power has dropped majorly as well

I have just changed from a 1.9 TDI A3 2009 model I was getting 61 MPG door to door driving easy, and 80 MPG on m/way drive not going over 50MPH to a 1.6 TDI 2011 model Door to door is now 48 to 50 M/way drive 54 tops which is rubbish When I bought the car the previous owner had put Sport wheels on 224/45/17 could this be the reason for Poor MPG if so what is the default tyre size for this car.

I have just changed from a 1.9 TDI A3 2009 model I was getting 61 MPG door to door driving easy, and 80 MPG on m/way drive not going over 50MPH to a 1.6 TDI 2011 model Door to door is now 48 to 50 M/way drive 54 tops which is rubbish When I bought the car the previous owner had put Sport wheels on 224/45/17 could this be the reason for Poor MPG if so what is the default tyre size for this car.
wrong section ...this is the older generation 8L chassis

Last time i was on 0 miles i put a tenner in and all it gave me was 35miles not even out the red :ermm: i presume this is normal though as if i take it slowly ive seen my mgp go up to 66mpg :w00t: or is my computer lying to me

I took this last nite, sorry for the blurryness the road was rather bumpy

IMG-20120807-01038.jpg

On my a3 quattro the best I have had on the motorway was 35mpg. that was at 80ish and with cruise control on. Around town that could hit 20mpg easily (as an average) the worst I had was 13mpg over a long run of duel carriageway racing, so very low mpg is achievable but you would be driving in a way that you would expect to use a lot of fuel..

My foot flat ive got 4.9mpg before somehow.. but from 20 quid I normally get around 70-100 miles depending on how I drive. ive got 130 miles out of it before and that's with a B5!

carriageway racing lol the lowest i has i think was like 6.5 or something. cruise control :w00t: my car doesnt have that :sorry:

That was an average over about 30 miles, not a 2 mile flat out jaunt!

Bearing in mind I have just got a k04 in the car, I got 100miles to £40 and that was a mixture of flat out and sensible driving..

Cruise is a winner for long journeys, and can be easily retro fitted..

i get out from my lorry at work with cruise contol and cant understand why mine doesnt have it yet some audis do? was this an optional extra from the factory?

i get out from my lorry at work with cruise contol and cant understand why mine doesnt have it yet some audis do? was this an optional extra from the factory?

My S3 had it fitted from new and it can be retrofitted just do a search on here or google

Re : MPG my S3 does mostly 50/50 stuff and used to get about 28mpg or about 340miles to a full tank since geting a new MAF i am now getting more like 30mpg or about 400miles to a full tank on the same 50/50 stuff.

Last edited:
i thought my agu was bad. round the doors mixture of kickin its **** and normal ish drivin i get between 80-100 miles for 15 litres which is 26 mpg to 33mpg