Real average MPG

goon

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a sportback somewhere down the line, got my mind on a 2.0 TDI with s tronic. Tired of trawling the crap like autotrader and parkers which tells us the mpg figure is 68.9 or whatever, so what do the everyday users get. As a comparison the guides tell me my Honda Civic gets an average of 55, when the reality of 12 months mixed driving is just over 45.

My S Tronic Quattro 184 2014 model is averaging 39.41 and that's over 3013 miles since December. I log every fill up with Fuel Buddy on Android.

This morning on the way home from nights I set the cruise to 70 and returned 63mpg over the 15 mile motorway trip.

Reactions: Mark_86
'65 plate 2.0 TDI 150 manual (with DTUK) has given me 56 mpg average over 18 months & 45k miles

(calculated from brim to brim, not trip computer)

2.0 150 TDi stronic saloon - mixed drive I'm getting only about 41mpg (on the trip)

My TT tdi ultra (184bhp) returned 52 average over 32k, mostly motorway driving at 3rd lane speeds, most efficient car I have owned. Now onto an S3 which is surprisingly efficient for the power.

We had a 184 gtd and that averaged 44mpg over 12,000 miles. Not that great if I'm honest

My TT tdi ultra (184bhp) returned 52 average over 32k, mostly motorway driving at 3rd lane speeds, most efficient car I have owned. Now onto an S3 which is surprisingly efficient for the power.
How much is that model giving you?

How much is that model giving you?
The S3 is on 32.8 mpg after 1000 miles, majority of that has been motorway driving. On the motorway it's mid 30's then can drop as low as you like when you push it

Old 2013 2.0TDIe A4 averaged 56.4MPG over the 30,000 miles I had it.

S3 is currently sat at 27MPG average over 1700 miles.

My 184 tdi with a tuning box on it averages about 44-45mpg day to day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 / 53 mpg 2.0 tdi manual though, or try searching on fuelly where people input their fill ups to give you a selection of real world figures.

My S3 with 850 miles I've averaged 19mpg with hardly any motorway driving and the majority around town driving and it's a 66 plate...

I've just driven over 1500 miles during a weeks holiday to and from Germany in a 2.0 TDI-184 s-tronic quattro that I only collected 3 days before we left. The overall average was 46 mpg including the 300 miles each way at 80-90 mph but I expect this to improve and the engine gets 'run-in'. My previous 184 averaged around the 48-54 mpg.

My 2.0 TFSI 190 gets 48mpg on a motorway run at 75mph and around 32 in stop start city driving.

65 plate 184 Quattro S-Tronic, I average around 44mpg doing mostly A-Road and Motorway driving.

Thinking of purchasing a sportback somewhere down the line, got my mind on a 2.0 TDI with s tronic. Tired of trawling the **** like autotrader and parkers which tells us the mpg figure is 68.9 or whatever, so what do the everyday users get. As a comparison the guides tell me my Honda Civic gets an average of 55, when the reality of 12 months mixed driving is just over 45.
Thinking of purchasing a sportback somewhere down the line, got my mind on a 2.0 TDI with s tronic. Tired of trawling the **** like autotrader and parkers which tells us the mpg figure is 68.9 or whatever, so what do the everyday users get. As a comparison the guides tell me my Honda Civic gets an average of 55, when the reality of 12 months mixed driving is just over 45.

Hi, i've got 2.0 TDI 150 Manual - I get around 40 mpg round the town / local area if i'm just taking my time - down to 30 mpg if i'm in the mood to enjoy the car round the doors:racer::chuncky: Motorways can get around 55mpg

I get around 21-24 mpg on average. Did 21 mpg on my long Europe trip last summer, that was including Germany with 200 km/h+ speeds.