Ready to pull the trigger, how should I buy it?

Carms

Reaction score
First of thanks a lot for reading, you guys are brilliant.

I'm ready to buy an S3, but I'm not sure how yet...used or new? Hear me out...I really want the car for the discrete power it has, and I love the idea of a 2 litre being optimised so well, allowing me to decimate 99% of other cars whilst still maintaining bearable mpg.

The question new or used arises because I'm pretty dead set on the spec I want and it's probably quite a unique set of extras, in that it's essentially very low spec but with a few of them:

3 door
Manual
Ibis white
Black styling pack
Folding mirrors
Interior light pack
Auto light/rain sensor
Body colour wing mirrors
Badge delete

It seems that the current used stock is either highly specced which I wouldn't appreciate or is missing things that I personally couldn't live without. There's a few manuals floating around between £25-28k with relatively high mileage 20-30k.

Or do I buy brand new to my spec for £29k? So potentially 4k more but obviously with no mileage.

I guess my question is would the greater GFV of the new car go some way to eroding that initial £4k price difference?

Last edited:
Buy new on PCP, pay £3k deposit and about £300 per month and keep the remaining £26k in the bank.

Personally for me I prefer new if i can afford it and I can spec it to how I want.
I believe usually the interest on new pcp is a bit lower than used?
If you are only talking a couple of k more for new then I would get new, plus you have a bit longer warranty and 1st years tax included.
Also the S3 is a great car, a friend bought one a few months ago and it's quick, pretty efficient and sounds nice too.
Good luck with the search.

I'd add Tech Pack without a doubt.

I would look about and keep your eyes open on all audi pages.. i picked up mine with near enough every extra for £28k with 4k miles.. 64 plate. aberdeen audi

Ask a salesman it's as simple as that,my tuppence worth?...... Rent a new one via a pcp,That's in Stock,you'll get a better deal with a stock S3 than you will with a bespoke car,comfort package,Audi sound system Mandatory and research the options a little more,S-tronic car's hold higher GFMV

I'd add Tech Pack without a doubt.
Is that because you couldn't go without it or for GFV purposes or both? I don't really use sat nav, if I ever do get lost just get out my phone, what else do you use the tech pack for?

Is that because you couldn't go without it or for GFV purposes or both? I don't really use sat nav, if I ever do get lost just get out my phone, what else do you use the tech pack for?

Technology package is mightily expensive especially with Audi connect £1800 it's a huge wedge out of your spec budget that's why most guys get carried away with options and over step their budget big time,but the technology package does hold up the GFMV so does the PANROOF.

Go new , get the spec you want and take out the five year warranty. On a S3 £550 for two extra years is a bargain. Even a small fault will eat £550. That way you get the value of buying new.
As to spec ,if you can stretch go for the sound system upgrade . A bargain at £255.
What I did was took the OTR price , negotiated (using car wow) a discount. The discount I then spent on warranty , paint and extra's .
I got £3250 discount if I remember correctly... Gave me a nice spec.
I have gone for sat nav , but like you not sure why as I never use it and a tomtom is much cheaper with free updates , plus the satnav on my phone is good....