Facelift READ THIS - Discounts On New RS3's

Great for all those who have managed to secure large discounts, but it's a bit worrying at this stage for future residuals. At this rate the next thing we will see will be pre-reg cars been heavily discounted as per M4.
The residuals on M2 were excellent when they first came out as supplies were restricted and discounts as far as I am aware we're not available.

I think it shows that Audi expected more demand for the car. I think the residuals will be alright but not as strong as the PFL RS3 has been in the past.

Reactions: Radman
I think it shows that Audi expected more demand for the car. I think the residuals will be alright but not as strong as the PFL RS3 has been in the past.

The facelift seen a considerable price increase so naturally will lose more money. However, the facelift has the pre facelift as protection, they will always carry a premium over a pre facelift car.

For the facelift to plummet, the pre facelift needs to plummet further. That’s what will keep values good.

Only a very small % of people are managing discount and an ever smaller % are being offered a sizeable discount. (5-10%)

They are also protected by their GFV figures over 3-4yrs at £26.3k and £23.2k respectively.

I think @infernox has it right that the FL will have reasonably decent residuals but not quite as good as the PFL. Although the person who has just put his well specced 65 plate RS3 up for sale at £44k on a private sale might be dreaming!

Reactions: FBF01
The facelift seen a considerable price increase so naturally will lose more money. However, the facelift has the pre facelift as protection, they will always carry a premium over a pre facelift car.

For the facelift to plummet, the pre facelift needs to plummet further. That’s what will keep values good.

Only a very small % of people are managing discount and an ever smaller % are being offered a sizeable discount. (5-10%)

They are also protected by their GFV figures over 3-4yrs at £26.3k and £23.2k respectively.

Yeah that's true. I still think those GFV values are quite low but as you say its protection for them. I can see on autotrader a 15 plate 36k miles RS3 for £33k at lake district Audi. Not sure what the GFV values were for the PFL Rs3 but if he did a 3 year PCP, I doubt the value will fall £7k in 6 months. If he part ex it now, Audi give it a p/x value of £29200, so I'd still say you'd get £1-2k equity at the end of it, privately I'd say it'll stay above £30k. I wouldn't do that many miles on mine anyway so I'm imagining my potential 3 year PCP with 18k miles on it would be worth quite a lot more than the GFV at the end. Sharman group actually got a 65 plate with 14k miles and 8k options for £45k, same price as a new one.

Can anyone in the know recommend the best dealership or salesperson to order through for a good sizeable discount on a RS3 saloon with a large spec sheet for a March 2018 car? You are welcome to PM me please if needs be. Thanks in advance much appreciated :)

Can anyone in the know recommend the best dealership or salesperson to order through for a good sizeable discount on a RS3 saloon with a large spec sheet for a March 2018 car? You are welcome to PM me please if needs be. Thanks in advance much appreciated :)
PM sent

Reactions: MoKha
Hi, im fairly new to the forum,but I’ve been following people thoughts on the new rs3 for a while! (So go easy on me)I managed to get a test drive, and I’m hooked for sure! So I’m in the same boat as Mo Khan and looking for a sizeable discount with a March delivery.Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, im fairly new to the forum,but I’ve been following people thoughts on the new rs3 for a while! (So go easy on me)I managed to get a test drive, and I’m hooked for sure! So I’m in the same boat as Mo Khan and looking for a sizeable discount with a March delivery.Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance Pm me

Welcome, I was in that boat, the word discount and sizeable don't belong to the RS3 :)
Without taking credit my 2 month hunt for a discount ended up with Scott as said above, or it's just a case of doing the legwork, phone calls and emails and just ask.

Reactions: Tristan2
Well, Worcester weren't very good when I contacted your mate Mr Virgo!! Thinking maybe sell my current 2 and go for 1 RS4.. Any ideas?

Oooh, difficult decision.

Only if you planned to change the exhaust on the rubbish sounding RS4.

Try again because now it’s minumum 4.5% or even greater

I got 6% + AutoGlymLifethingy off my RS3. 3-4 % off an RS4 Avant doesn't seem great!

Oh no not the dealer applied Lifeshine :O I’d turn it down if it was free, my dealer isn’t washing mine.

4% is still good for a car that’s literally just been released last month, by RS standards.

I agree it’s always worth getting the car detailed at the first opportunity

I agree it’s always worth getting the car detailed at the first opportunity

I’ve told them not to remove covers. I will remove them when I see it first to check for any damage and I will have to try and let me excitement pass me, so I don’t miss anything. Then what can go back on then until handover day will, will tell them to remove them for handover and then what can go back on again will for transport. Would rather pick the car up when I can see it all, rather than wrapped up.

I don’t think much can go back on, the bonnet fabric will but the roof cover I believe is stuck down with vinyl on its edges so once removed it won’t go back on. The cars coming to the UK dont get a good wrap.

Oh no not the dealer applied Lifeshine :O I’d turn it down if it was free, my dealer isn’t washing mine.

4% is still good for a car that’s literally just been released last month, by RS standards.
The Lifeshine is pretty good. I would not pay £400 for it though! I was looking for 6-8% discount for the numbers to get anywhere near adding up as I'm £67965 at the moment !

The lifeshine is crap compared to ceramic coated detail

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
The Lifeshine is pretty good. I would not pay £400 for it though! I was looking for 6-8% discount for the numbers to get anywhere near adding up as I'm £67965 at the moment !

Down here they ask for £500, then when you say no they run off and have a cup of coffee (they like to tell you it’s to see the sales manager) then drop it to £195 every single time. My mate accepted it with his S3, I then told the dealer on his behalf the standards are rubbish and they should pay the £195 to a detailer so the car is flawless. The dealer then paid £400 to a detailer to do the car, can’t fault it!

Wow forgot how expensive they are, haha. That’s being pretty conservative on spec? Amazing looking car, such a shame they don’t have the V8 anymore.

Reactions: Radman
The lifeshine is **** compared to ceramic coated detail

It doesn’t live up to ceramic no, but is a good product. The problem is, the valeters are on a price and when they get paid £30 to apply Lifeshine, they won’t be on that car all day. The cars need to be prepped, they come obliterated with iron filings from the railway and all this needs removing before any sealant applied. The dealers just seal over the top of all the crap.

One of my dealers close by uses a brush to wash the cars, yes.. a brush. They dip it in a bucket of water and go from top to bottom, including the wheels and then straight onto the body. Absolutely horrific treatment and these people apply Lifeshine.

Reactions: Radman and Tristan2
Down here they ask for £500, then when you say no they run off and have a cup of coffee (they like to tell you it’s to see the sales manager) then drop it to £195 every single time. My mate accepted it with his S3, I then told the dealer on his behalf the standards are rubbish and they should pay the £195 to a detailer so the car is flawless. The dealer then paid £400 to a detailer to do the car, can’t fault it!

Wow forgot how expensive they are, haha. That’s being pretty conservative on spec? Amazing looking car, such a shame they don’t have the V8 anymore.

£6340 worth of extras.. I would ideally like the discount to cover them!

£6340 worth of extras.. I would ideally like the discount to cover them!

Always worth battling but really if they are prepared to discount a car they’ve yet to see, you are lucky.

But can you do away with the 5-pot? Tough decision

lifeshine and supaguard are utter sh£)e. Invest in a proper detail and coating. Failing getting a ceramic coat, get some Gtecniq C2Liquid Crystal @12 quid and is far superior to the lifeshine. Dead easy to apply and will give you up to 8 months protection. Nothing beats a machine polish and coating though from a detailer to get your car off to a good start.
It doesn’t live up to ceramic no, but is a good product. The problem is, the valeters are on a price and when they get paid £30 to apply Lifeshine, they won’t be on that car all day. The cars need to be prepped, they come obliterated with iron filings from the railway and all this needs removing before any sealant applied. The dealers just seal over the top of all the ****.

One of my dealers close by uses a brush to wash the cars, yes.. a brush. They dip it in a bucket of water and go from top to bottom, including the wheels and then straight onto the body. Absolutely horrific treatment and these people apply Lifeshine.

Reactions: FBF01, Tristan2 and Phil3
lifeshine and supaguard are utter sh£)e. Invest in a proper detail and coating. Failing getting a ceramic coat, get some Gtecniq C2Liquid Crystal @12 quid and is far superior to the lifeshine. Dead easy to apply and will give you up to 8 months protection. Nothing beats a machine polish and coating though from a detailer to get your car off to a good start.

I’ve used Gtechniq previously, my current detailer however used Gyeon and I’ve had no issues with it and I only had the most basic of the 3 levels on the S3 for £400. I’m going for the £600 option on the RS3, Gyeon Durabead.

Are you going to lay that down before the PPF or on the rest of the car once the wrap is on?

I have lifeshine on my S3 and I can’t tell any difference. At £300ish I don’t think its worth it.

I can see how PPF would be (just like a screen protector on your phone) but I doubt ill go for anything on my RS3 when it arrives next March.

Perhaps he wanted 10% discount

Lol, I tried all that, I have only spoke to Scott on the phone and he is a likeable enough fella.
To be honest the deal they come up with is the best i got out of all the dealers in the country :yes:

I’ve used Gtechniq previously, my current detailer however used Gyeon and I’ve had no issues with it and I only had the most basic of the 3 levels on the S3 for £400. I’m going for the £600 option on the RS3, Gyeon Durabead.
That was £400 down the pan...you've only had it two minutes!

Are you going to lay that down before the PPF or on the rest of the car once the wrap is on?

It won’t go underneath the PPF, but there will be ‘a’ coating on top of it.. yet to figure out what’s best for PPF to coat. The latest PPF comes with hydrophobic properties too.

The rest of the car will be coated after the PPF has been applied I believe. My detailer said he wants it for a further 3 days after the PPF is completed.

That was £400 down the pan...you've only had it two minutes!

The coatings went on in March, the car is so much easier to maintain for it. But you can’t forget about coatings, they need the correct care to perform and last as they should too.

I am tempted by the PPF but I have had my current A3 for two and a half years and 40,000 miles with no chips at all.... (the BM E92, however, had about 50 chips after half of that mileage) so I may take a view on it. What I don't like in the pre-cut kits is that they are made to fit to the panel rather than wrap around the edges - this leaves the edge of the film fairly noticeable as time goes on.

I am tempted by the PPF but I have had my current A3 for two and a half years and 40,000 miles with no chips at all.... (the BM E92, however, had about 50 chips after half of that mileage) so I may take a view on it. What I don't like in the pre-cut kits is that they are made to fit to the panel rather than wrap around the edges - this leaves the edge of the film fairly noticeable as time goes on.

Now you’ve said that, you will have loads :( haha
I’ve been lucky until I had the S3, they aren’t really bad but it’s enough to convince me PPF is the answer. I’d love to save the £1600, but I know I will be devastated when it gets chips. It’s not just the bumper, it’s the bonnet and wings.. the wings are a nightmare on the 8V, stone chips galore.

Pre-cuts were supposed to be good, but yes I totally agree with you. I’ve asked for mine to be done free-hand, so the film can be properly hidden behind the panels.

@AudiNutta ***, get off here and enjoy your Saturday night!!!

(My excuse is I've been on it for the last 3 nights in Edinburgh!)

Reactions: hood
@AudiNutta ***, get off here and enjoy your Saturday night!!!

(My excuse is I've been on it for the last 3 nights in Edinburgh!)

What’s left of it haha, finished work at 7 and back in at 7 tomorrow.

My Saturday night consists of watching Casualty, that’s about it ;)

Reactions: Terminator x
This is him enjoying Sat night.:tearsofjoy:
I fear for the younger generation.

Reactions: D0C