1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Re-trimming and modifying my interior parts.

Just Rob. Nov 10, 2019

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Well i'm about to embark on a new project whilst I await my other parts for the old bus exterior mods.
    I will be attempting to re-trim and modify my interior door cards , well all 4 cards to be exact.
    I'm not messing around with my original leather trimmed cards , they will be kept in a safe place as they are in unmarked condition.
    I will be , well hopefully transforming my interior with some nice new trendy door cards.
    When I purchased my recaro's they were part of a complete s4 interior, I only used the seats so have all the s4 leather door cards etc just wasting space, what better reason could there be to transform them .

I have a few ideas that i'm working with , one involves some nice Alcantara for the insert section with some sutle led down lighting ...
    Anway , will be doing this over the next few weeks and will stick up pics on progress as I go, all input and feedback will be greatfully accepted.

have a good one chaps.

rob

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

Pedrödelabongo and Just Rob. like this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

:thumbs up::yes:

5. Just Rob.

Right then, after a bit of tinkering with the drivers side card I think I have a final plan .
    Some discreet low output red led down lighting at the top and in door storage pods is part of the plan , black alcantara and stitched sections to match with leather door handle pull covers and door card tops.
    :yahoo:

6. Just Rob.

Allmost forgot, fitting a USB/AUX socket in both front door storage pods.:thumbs up:

7. Just Rob.

Made a start on the drivers door as it has the most electric parts.
    Off with all the looms, handles , switches etc so just a bare card. Then off with the leather , foam backing will take a bit more to get off but it has to come off so there is a nice flat base to work from.
    A few pics of what the down lighting I will be trying out, some in the storage bins, a down light set into the under side of the top section which will throw down low light but the led tube itself will be out of eyesight.( pic with arrow and dots).
    usb/aux socket in the door storage switch panel ( marked with an x)

A way to go me thinks..

rob
    atrim1.JPG atrim2.jpg atrim3.jpg atrim4.JPG atrim5.JPG atrim6.JPG atrim7.JPG

8. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member

Nice plan Rob! Like the alcantara idea too, wouldn't mind a set of those my old bus actually. The red ambient lighting you've fitted is far better than the oem kit too. You can hardly see the illumination in my door handles.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses

9. Just Rob.

Waiting on a few Alcantara samples before I commit to using it.