Re-Trim of Leather Steering Wheel?

james_suckling

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a company that can re-trim leather steering wheels, preferably in Yorkshire?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

a very good point! I recently purchased my A3 and was dissapointed byt the wear on the gearknob and steering wheel (despite wanrranted low miles. So I have changed a few little worn parts (gearknow etc) but was shocked when audi quoted like £170 for the steering wheel!

anybody know of any in the southwest area (south wales/bristol)

[ QUOTE ]
bayliss said:
a very good point! I recently purchased my A3 and was dissapointed byt the wear on the gearknob and steering wheel (despite wanrranted low miles. So I have changed a few little worn parts (gearknow etc) but was shocked when audi quoted like £170 for the steering wheel!

[/ QUOTE ]

worn parts like these indicate high milage, ur signature shows 74k, mines done 72k and my knob(ahem) and wheel are all still fine. Sure the milage is genuine?

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
bayliss said:

[/ QUOTE ]

worn parts like these indicate high milage, ur signature shows 74k, mines done 72k and my knob(ahem) and wheel are all still fine. Sure the milage is genuine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on usage. Motorway miles are less stressful.. and really, you dont steer much! In town driving you are pulling and tugging on the wheel and changing gear alot more often so it will wear more.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
bayliss said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on usage. Motorway miles are less stressful.. and really, you dont steer much! In town driving you are pulling and tugging on the wheel and changing gear alot more often so it will wear more.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

a very good point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
as long as the MOTs, HPI check etc tally - i bet its fine!

Small confession to make /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

My steering wheel is perfect (at 46k), needed to know for the missus's Puma! I knew you guys would know the answer!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif