Re-maps and mileage?

Remster

Reaction score
Well, I picked up my 1st Audi on Saturday, an '03 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport in Atlas Grey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Must say that i'm very impressed with all aspects of the car. The fit and finish is superb and unlike any other car i've owned, VW & BMW included. The drive, both handling and performance are great and a real pleasant surprise being my 1st diesel car.

Having come from a Seat Leon Cupra R which was REVO'd to 260bhp/270lb/ft, I am now thinking of treating the A4 to a Re-map. My car has done 65k+ miles and has been serviced from new on the long life plan circa 20k intervals. Is there any known problems when upping the performance on cars like mine?
It has just had the cambelt and pulleys done so that gives peace of mind.

Next question is where to go for the Re-map? From my limited time on here, it looks as though Jabba and AMD are favoured above REVO. What I want is a good power boost without compromising the MPG too much and without too much black sooty smoke being produced.

What say you?

I am sure you would be happy with any of the companies you mention but there is currently an AmD group buy running in the Group Buy forum which means you could get it done for £470. If you are not too far from Bicester then I'd say it was well worth a visit!

Thanks for the heads up re. the group buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Might just go for it with AMD then.

What sort of figures are to be expected with the AMD re-map?

Amd website gives all figures.
Personally I would reccommend going back to 10K oil changes once mapped, this was certainly what i did with my previous diesel remap.

[ QUOTE ]
Amd website gives all figures.
Personally I would reccommend going back to 10K oil changes once mapped, this was certainly what i did with my previous diesel remap.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good call - My car has had TWO oil changes now!!

One at 1000 miles and one before the Re-Map at 8000 odd miles. It's on avs and I wont take it untill the full 2yrs are up.

BUT at least I know how lovely and oily my oil is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif