Re Mapping 140 2.0tdi?

jbaudi

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking to buy an A3 2.0tdi 140 sport. I'm reading all over the place about remapping, but getting different figures from each place I see! Can anyone point me in the direction of some accurate bhp figures and possibly recommend the best/most reliable places to go?

Thanks

You will get different figures, because there are lots of different ways of doing it. 170bhp is readily achieved with no real drawbacks. You can up the turbo boost and get a little more at the expense of turbo longevity.

Where abouts are you, and more importantly, what year is the car? This will make a difference as to who can do it, and the price as 09 onwards Ecu's need removal to be remapped in most cases. We offer a tailored service and are based in the north west.

Thanks, Rick

If Cheshire's a bit too far north for you, I would recommend AMD. Their Essex branch were particularly good for me! I'v had mine since last Sept, 6k miles and no probs as yet!

I drive a 130bhp tdi A3 and used to have an stock B5 S4 at the same time. No kidding, tuned, i dont think it would be far behind the S4 at low speeds given the huge torque a tuned TDI can develop. Some chap on here was saying he owned a tuned version of the A3 FWD i drive which pushed out 170bhp and was quicker than his standard S3. BHP of course doesnt really tell you the whole story, its all about making torque higher up the rev range to utilise gearing - something diesels dont do very well albeit always a promising start in whatever gear !

Mapped mine with the ST3 handset from chippeduk. Has 2 maps on the handset - fast road and economy. Economy gives you an extra 30bhp, fast road 45bhp. Had mine on the dyno @ AMD Essex and figures were spot on. Maps been on over a year now, on my last service (1 week ago) I was told the turbo is leaking oil not sure if they are related but something to consider.

I ran the fast map for approx 65% of the time.

Reactions: Paul-S3
I think I paid like £100 for the unit second hand and about £150 for maps

yes hybrid and helix clutch to handle the power took me a while to find a mapper to do what i needed and im very fussy.

Have you done anything to help keep torque steer to a minimum? Must be a ***** running 200+ If I need a new turbo I might hybridize mine, AMD said it was leaking oil but its running well, hope it doesn't go pop anytime soon!

Sorry OP bit of a hijack........ What are those AP coilovers like mate btw tdi? Any pics of your car on the forum?

APs are fantastic just waiting to fit 10mm spacers on front then will update pictures for you.

torque steeer is your friend and take the esp off in the wet for a smile or two

Mapped mine with the ST3 handset from chippeduk. Has 2 maps on the handset - fast road and economy..

So can you change the program easily? Or do you mean you have to decide what setting to use before setting off?

I'd like to get mine done by R-Tech. Heard great reviews about them whilst i had my 8L S3. Anyone got their map on a 140 TDI?

Hey Troopa! it's 'Enthusiast' from AB25! I recently purchased an Audi A3 140 TDI and was looking at a remap too. Let me know what you find as I might get mine done at the same time, might get a bit of a discount with two cars as well...

Hey Troopa! it's 'Enthusiast' from AB25! I recently purchased an Audi A3 140 TDI and was looking at a remap too. Let me know what you find as I might get mine done at the same time, might get a bit of a discount with two cars as well...

You what!? Where's the ITR?? I'm not going to get a map anytime soon tbh, saving for my air ride kit first ;) But will most likely go to R-Tech when the time comes along.

The map must be loaded before setting off which takes about 10 mins max

I'd like to get mine done by R-Tech. Heard great reviews about them whilst i had my 8L S3. Anyone got their map on a 140 TDI?

Had their map on my Mk4 Golf GTi... Not the smoothest map to be honest, there are better ones so do your homework and don't just go by power figures as that's only half the story! It's how it drives on the road that matters....

I still have the DC2, had a DC5 for a while which I sold.

Cool, well let me know when and if you do get a remap, as I'm not going to do mine straight away either.