Re-map makes me happy

dazjenks

Reaction score
Just back from getting my a3 tdi 170 Quattro mapped thro at ecotune in glasgow couldn't be happier with the results :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 170
I need to get a new diaphragm as mine is burst and given a little hesitation when going thro the gears but apart from that it's all good . I would highly recommend ecotune to anyone looking to get there car mapped ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
Yeah i was surprised as I did not feel like 188bhp IMO I thought more 150ish . I'm going to another RR day in a few months time so I will compare the results from a different RR .

Last edited:
No mods completely standard pd engine .

Last edited:
Has anyone else ran there standard pd 170 and it put out more than standard power ??

Did they give you "at the wheels" figures? them figures do seem a bit generous.

No he said there dyno does not give a whp for some reson he did go into detail why but it was a bit to technical for me to understand lol

Sounds a bit dodgy, thats the main figure they read usually, then it does a calculation to estimate engine figures.

I will find out in a few weeks when I go onto a different dyno and compare the two ;)

Quote from carthrottle.com:

Unlike bhp, whp is the power output measured at the wheels. This is the information a dyno run provides and usually reads around *15 per cent less than the power measured at the engine (bhp) - this is because power is lost in the driveline (including clutch and transmission).

*Four-wheel drive cars lose between 20-25 percent of their quoted bhp figure because of the increased friction.

If you calculate that percentage of loss is 20%, that gets you to 152whp (for 190bhp).