RB S3 Thread

d8f6751905feed8fb93481f17683b741.jpg

My mates HY35 with 9cm housing on an SR20 with mild cams.
Wheel horse power btw. After some fuel system upgrades it's now about 520 at the flywheel, and the power is brutal in an S14a that weighs not much over a tonne.

Just thought I'd post that to give you an idea of its capabilities on 2 litre displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, didn't realise I had replies.
Just a T3 cast manifold, but looks like it will flow well.
Oo that graph is a good sign! .
10cm exhaust side yes

I have large port / na cams, so hoping it goes well

Brakes also getting upgraded.
Have purchased....
Screenshot 20160828 164914
Screenshot 20160829 111822
Screenshot 20160828 165117
Screenshot 20160829 130312
Screenshot 20160829 130413

d8f6751905feed8fb93481f17683b741.jpg

My mates HY35 with 9cm housing on an SR20 with mild cams.
Wheel horse power btw. After some fuel system upgrades it's now about 520 at the flywheel, and the power is brutal in an S14a that weighs not much over a tonne.

Just thought I'd post that to give you an idea of its capabilities on 2 litre displacement.

looks like decent spool.
not seen a holset yet

Car is currently having the holset turbo fitted etc, so sanded down the brake calipers, used K auto brake caliper spray paint, high temp laquer and some poorboys wheel wax to seal before fitting...
Quite pleased with how well they came out
 20160910 155620

Reactions: IPG and s3 Hoggy
Progress made-
Turbo and manifold fitted, oil lines etc, just waiting for downpipe and boost pipe, then sort mapping her
Received 1461001553926658

Reactions: IPG
what is the silver thing next to the timing belt?
show more angles of the setup pls :)

That's the picture my mechanic sent me.
Inline fuel pump I believe.
When all done will take some proper pics

Its a fuel filter... even says 'Mann Filter' on it... and I have old man eyes :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: VAG-Slag, AdzA3AGU and Rainbird
As you can tell, I know my engine!! :-/

Reactions: IPG
Don't forget additional heatshielding... now that the turbo is higher you will need to add heatshielding further up...

Anything in line of sight of the turbo hotside and downpipe that can be affected by heat and isn't heatshielded properly will eventually succumb to the heat.

Needs the alloy sheet type stuff as a minimum to reflect heat away

<tuffty/>

Just a note for the OP, my mate runs an oil cooler with a very low T thermostat for that very reason. To keep the turbo as cool as possible. And his isn't cramped up in a mk4 body behind an old cast iron lump

Any day now, have encountered difficulties with fittings etc. will post when back

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
What happened with this did you get it mapped noticed it was up for sale again not like the results?

Back a week ago. mapping @badger5 next Monday. cant wait, but may have to sell as need funds for my business.

It appears i have the worst luck ever!
On the way to Badger5 today my turbo bearings went and now i need my turbo rebuilt.
I have 2 options, sell as is, so anyone interested pm me, otherwise i am putting it into storage to forget about it for a year or so.
For anyone interested 6k takes it as is. Bare in mind, 2 weeks ago i spent 5k on it.
Thanks

No..
Off someone on ebay used.
My own fault

Anyone who wants to take the car on its £4000 as is. I cant do anything else to it.
Txt call me on 07794873242

Please can you post in the classifieds rather than here... You can link to it from here though and also in the thread in the stickies

Ta

<tuffty/>

Sorry to hear you have had enough of it all, you worked really hard on your s3. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully someone on here will consider all the work you have done.

I would love to buy this as a project! my mrs would have my bolllocks on a stick though!

Reactions: superkarl