Rattly centre console

S3 KANO

Reaction score
hi all

I wonder if anyone could guide me where I could go to get my interior looked at and have a once over as my centre console is slightly rattling and I'm forcing myself to turn up the stereo to noise out the rattle, it's not a loud rattle but I can hear it and as you can imagine it's getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know where I could go to cancel out this rattling noise. It's a 61 plate S3 black edition model and I have only had the car around 6 months, I was thinking about going to audi and telling them to sort it out as its under full 1 year warranty but they will most probably put this rattling noise down to wear and tear. Please could someone give me some advice on what my options are with this?

Thanks in advance

Felt or fabric tape is the best solution if its just wear/tear.

Whereabouts are you located?

Felt or fabric tape is the best solution if its just wear/tear.

Whereabouts are you located?
Near heathrow airport about 10 minute drive from heathrow

Is it towards the front or near the back where the arm rest is. If you tilt the arm rest very slightly forwards from vertical that helps. I keep a can of silicone spray in the boot for any rattles and squeaks. Maybe spray the joins in the plastic where the noise is coming from?

get someone in the car with you while your driving and get them to touch areas around where you think the rattle is... used to get the GF to do that when i heard noises then when i found the fault id go crazy fixing it... almost makes your paranoid

I spent ages looking for a rattle only to find out it was coming from the rear view mirror. It sounds like it was coming from the centre console but the noise was bouncing off the front window.

Mine has a rattle too and it's the platic piece directly below the handbrake (just press it and it creaks/clicks). I plan to remove it use some silicone spray.

Reactions: Mike X