Rattle in the boot...

knobby

Reaction score
Hey

Has anyone experienced a rattle in the boot, it sounds like the floor tray is bouncing up and down when going over bumps at the rear?

Cheers

Dave

Hey

Has anyone experienced a rattle in the boot, it sounds like the floor tray is bouncing up and down when going over bumps at the rear?

Cheers

Dave

I have that. I assumed it was because I have stowed some stuff under the floor. I'll investigate further.

Escaped rattle snake?

Is it not your spare wheel or tools?

Hey

Cheers

Dave

It'll be the parcel shelf, knobby; mine did it from day one. Solution: two pieces of 5-mm thick self-adhesive foam, say 25mm long, stuck to the (hard) plastic support - where the shelf meets, will do the trick.

It'll be the parcel shelf, knobby; mine did it from day one. Solution: two pieces of 5-mm thick self-adhesive foam, say 25mm long, stuck to the (hard) plastic support - where the shelf meets, will do the trick.

Don't suppose you have a picture of yours?

mabe a baby with a rattle snuck in there for a ride

Don't suppose you have a picture of yours?

Here go Dave (knobby): this is what works for me; I used a 2-pieces of 5mm thick x 14mm wide (just because I had some) self adhesive foam tape and affixed it to both sides of the parcel shelf, problem solved.

Note: the smaller piece is in the right position and is more effective, as can be seen from the indentations.

My car does have the luggage net on the underside of the parcel shelf, however, and if that is used with more than a couple of microfibre cloths, then it's far more noisy (tsk).

P1010490

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks. Going to pop into my local hardware store tomorrow to see if I can buy some..

I have same issue. Possibly lose floor cover of floor tray despite having stuff on top of it although not heavy enough.

I don't think this issue is exclusive to the RS3!

I was reading on an American site that it might also be the parcel shelf Blind - if fitted - knocking against the shelf.