Facelift Rather Bored now ....

RSS-S3

Reaction score
Some of you may know that, Ive decided that the S3 is attracting nothing but trouble...

So a little while back I almost bought myself A very nice Volvo XC60

But unfortunatley the deal fell through as Volvo changed the goal posts on the deal.

So Back to scratching my nuts thinking about what to do.

In this time, I have had a couple of good days with the s3 ......enjoying the car........ but then mostly Ive also had days where I think 22mpg is boring me to death and changing gear in silly traffic round my home town is equally just as boring.

what is really annoying, is that I spend £457PM on the S3 (which I am aware is too much)

And its not bringing me anymore smiles to my face..

I would rather be spending £450-£550 a month on a RS3
At least I would Never tire of the noise it makes!

But on the other hand, that would just as equally be crap to run!

So its either..... try to get something mental (RS3 or similar)

Or put my sensible trousers back on and buy something that does the job of being a car and doesnt need to deliver thrills.

What to do, what to do!?!?!?

Reactions: TDI-line
I feel your pain bud, I'm totally fed up of mines (RS3)
Found myself a beautiful RS4 with all the toys.
But still tore.

Reactions: 4K, James.B8, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I feel your pain bud, I'm totally fed up of mines (RS3)
Found myself a beautiful RS4 with all the toys.
But still tore.
Ive reached that point of my life, where I just need a car..... Id almost rather blow all my money on travelling

Reactions: PanamaS3
Ive reached that point of my life, where I just need a car..... Id almost rather blow all my money on travelling
have faith and don't give up on the petrolhead dream....its not "just a car" EVER!

Reactions: Milnesafc, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 2 others

Keep the S3 and go travelling in it. Use the money you save form buying an RS3 and go get a beat up old transit, a trailer and couple of go karts and have some real boy racer fun at a quarter of the speed but with you *rse 2 inches from the ground

Reactions: The Kendragon, richinsoton, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Keep the S3 and go travelling in it. Use the money you save form buying an RS3 and go get a beat up old transit, a trailer and couple of go karts and have some real boy racer fun at a quarter of the speed but with you *rse 2 inches from the ground

I like your style Dave !!!

Reactions: Daveotto
Get an every day car for every day use and get a caterham for those weekend thrills. Choose the right caterham and you'll not lose much ££ over 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSS-S3
Get an every day car for every day use and get a caterham for those weekend thrills. Choose the right caterham and you'll not lose much ££ over 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
I wish I could fit into one!

Yes this is a great idea, although I would rather by myself a T5 or T6 ;)

What about an A3 TDI Quattro 184, nice handling, cheaper to run, with average 500 miles per tank, and realistically enough day to day power, and blends in with the norm.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and RSS-S3
What about an A3 TDI Quattro 184, nice handling, cheaper to run, with average 500 miles per tank, and realistically enough day to day power, and blends in with the norm.

No decent offers to be had on these... but if its going to be something normal I would like a mid size SUV.

No reall offers to be had on anything other than Tiguans at the moment lol

No decent offers to be had on these... but if its going to be something normal I would like a mid size SUV.

No reall offers to be had on anything other than Tiguans at the moment lol

Looks like it's the RS3 ;)

Reactions: RSS-S3
If you want to go travelling, then buy yourself an old used car (and I mean old - sub-£8k) and save yourself probably over £300pcm to save for a trek around the world.
An old XC60, old Q5, Disco or Touareg.

T6s are :hubbahubba:

Last year I never understood why people would spend so much on a transporter as i saw it as just a van, but after seeing the T6....

i know a builder who just got the 7speed auto 230bhp or something silly for a van, new front end and the snazzy lights look incredible coming towards you.

Reactions: TDI-line and RSS-S3

T6s are :hubbahubba:

Last year I never understood why people would spend so much on a transporter as i saw it as just a van, but after seeing the T6....

i know a builder who just got the 7speed auto 230bhp or something silly for a van, new front end and the snazzy lights look incredible coming towards you.

My younger brother has got one, he works on site so only went with the Highline as opposed to the Sportline though, has ACC, sat nav, LED headlights. He added a few little options.

9vQBXJI.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line, MattSedg and 1 other person
My other vehicle is a T5 kombi and they are ace!
Carrys all are crap we chuck at it,,dogs,in-laws, go camping etc and loads of waves from other Transporters when out.
They look cool when lowered and on nice wheels.

Reactions: MattSedg, RSS-S3 and seanbeckerleg
Simple answer... Fiesta ST - if you don't need much space, it's all the car you'll ever need and cheap as chips!

Reactions: Rolly12
Diesels all but dead now. I'd be more inclined to recommend the new 1.5 TSI engines that VW/Audi seem to be pushing out. Something like 150bhp with some nice looking MPG's.

My other vehicle is a T5 kombi and they are ace!
Carrys all are **** we chuck at it,,dogs,in-laws, go camping etc and loads of waves from other Transporters when out.
They look cool when lowered and on nice wheels.
Yep, lowered with 20" BBS and the sport bumper trim thing