Rate the last movie you saw

Baz123

Reaction score
I thought this would be a good thread to add in all the type of movies you watched- rather than having to start a new post with a movie name all the time.

Forum members can rate the movie, give advise if it's worth watching etc..

Captain America: 7.5/10 - I am a big comic book fan and looked forward to watching this. It did not disappoint as was better than I expected.

Cowboys & Aliens: 7/10- Did surprise me- was enjoyable and Daniel Craig/ Harrison Ford make a good team.

Unstoppable. Slightly disappointing considering Denzel Washington is in it but I suppose it was going to struggle when it involved a train. Oh and the title is misleading, I wont ruin the ending though :)

Just watched 30minutes or less, its ok id say 5/6 outta 10

We went to see johnny english with our 10yr old and we really enjoyed it.Its daft, silly and doesnt take itself very seriously which is what makes it fun.
8/10

Went to see "The Help " bit back... Brilliant film, sad, very funny to, really enjoyable.

Watched Senna in bluray last night. Awesome 10/10.

watched an oldie last weekend. see no evil - hear no evil, with richard prior and gene wilder. proper had me in stiches lol.

Watched Senna in bluray last night. Awesome 10/10.

+1, even had an iTunes friendly version in the box so can be iPadded so I'm well chuffed 11/10!

Also saw Unstoppable this week on Sky.... typical Hollywood time filler where they manage to make sure there's a (heart wrenching?!) love challenge during the story of stopping a train, and as usual someone ends up holding on to something by their finger tips to avoid death by a whisker. Verdict: Disengage brain, typical checklist hollywood movie with all bases covered 4/10

Margin Call

Not a bad movie, helped along by some good acting from Kevin Spacey. Focuses on the period in time just before the credit crunch and tries to give an insight into how it may have happened from within a trading firm that was over-exposed to poor credit assets. It's ok, and worth a watch, although pretty wooden acting from Paul Bettany.

7/10

Unknown. 7/10 - Didnt expect the ending. Good Twist.
In time. 7/10 - Unique storyline but small parts of the story just seemed "too setup" and too dramatic.

Ive been meaning to watch Senna for weeks! is it actually A movie or more of a walk through his life?

K
Ive been meaning to watch Senna for weeks! is it actually A movie or more of a walk through his life?

A look into the life of the man and what drove him, a documentary really, but made for cinema

+1, even had an iTunes friendly version in the box so can be iPadded so I'm well chuffed 11/10!

Also saw Unstoppable this week on Sky.... typical Hollywood time filler where they manage to make sure there's a (heart wrenching?!) love challenge during the story of stopping a train, and as usual someone ends up holding on to something by their finger tips to avoid death by a whisker. Verdict: Disengage brain, typical checklist hollywood movie with all bases covered 4/10
Warren
I had the triple bluray, so digital copy of Senna on IPad and Ipod.
Try watching a film called the Taking of Pelham Of 123 Warren, think you would enjoy it. Unstoppable was an ok film, but the taking of
pelham 123 is in another league.

The guard, cracking film, loved it. If you seen waking Ed then you need to watch this. Both very good film 9/10.

The Help, another good film. I love it but it makes me sad. Either way a cracking film and well worth watching.

Twilight-Breaking Dawn Part one

8/10, Pretty good actually, i liked it but then again i am a fan after being SUCKED into it by the missis (No pun intended) lol

If like me, you have a teenage daughter then I seriously recommend making her watch a film called Trust, with Clive Owen, it's about chatting online and are they really safe, thought provoking. My daughter will be watching it very soon.

Mr Poppers Penguins. I thought it was funny and enjoyable!

Friction fit 5, it was a good watch if a bit short (only 18 mins'). The story line was pretty transparent but the casting was spot on :thumbsup:

I watched in time in the theatres recently. The scenes were so interesting and very nice to watch. I think I’ll give it a 7/10.

backdoor sluts 9... didnt derserve the bad reviews IMO...

before that i watched son of rambo... was pretty good

last movie i saw was Aliens vs Cowboys i wil give ****/*****.

Transformers Dark of the Moon. Will give it 8/10.

Getting bored of Transformers movie now.
first one was really good, really enjoyed it but now they are just annoying I think.
the Decepticons have all good the weapons through out their army and all the Autobots got is some optimus prime, some good luck and funky moves from Bumble bee.
All their good weapons or characters gets killed off.

all the Autobots got is some optimus prime, some good luck and funky moves from Bumble bee.

Proper lol'd!

I watched The Smurfs last night. Well, sort of. I switched it off halfway through because it was so bad.

Watched Haywire last week. I was really disappointed by it. Story/movie didn't flow at all for me. A lot of the action you see in the trailer, and the ending is REALLY disappointing! I'd say 5/10. At best.

On my list to watch is Safe House.

Proper lol'd!

I watched The Smurfs last night. Well, sort of. I switched it off halfway through because it was so bad.

Watched Haywire last week. I was really disappointed by it. Story/movie didn't flow at all for me. A lot of the action you see in the trailer, and the ending is REALLY disappointing! I'd say 5/10. At best.

On my list to watch is Safe House.

You will enjoy safe house.

The cleaner with Samuel L Jackson.
Loved it and some good turns.
8/10 cause its not one you would want to watch it again straight after

Immortals - 9/10 very good film especially if liked the film 300
In Time - 7/10 good film but got a bit predictable towards the end
Tinker Tailor Soilder Spy - 3/10 Found this film absolutely boring and predictable. Wasted 2hrs of my life but luckily it was a Sunday. Well disappionted after all the reviews i heard on it.

Paul - 8/10 - Great film & Seth Rogan voicing Paul made my day.
Sherlock Holmes 2 - 7/10 - Good watch but not as involving as the 1st.

Going to see Mission Impossible tomorrow so we'll see how that one tickles my pickle!

Paul - 8/10 - Great film & Seth Rogan voicing Paul made my day.
Sherlock Holmes 2 - 7/10 - Good watch but not as involving as the 1st.

Going to see Mission Impossible tomorrow so we'll see how that one tickles my pickle!

If its any thing like mine about a 7/10.

God bored of it after a while.
To much of the suspense and will they/won't they.
Good effects and fights but over all. not cinema worthy I don't think.

TT (3D): Closer to the Edge

A docu-film following the 2010 Isle of Man TT race from the perspective of Guy Martin.

If you love bikes you will just adore this film. It's warts and all with a bit of occasional ham thrown in for good measure (Martin whilst incredibly talented seems to like to play the system to his own ends).

Quite an emotional journey as you see many of the riders / family / friends go through the emotions of their husbands going out and racing a road course which is basically about as unforgiving as it gets. There are even 'real' deaths and serious injuries charted during the filming of the race.

It's a simply amazing event, and on the strength of the film we're going to try and go to see it in the next year or so. Truly amazing film, and an absolute breath of fresh air in a world full of cinematic bilge and detritus that seems to continuously pipe out from that awful American city with the big white name badge in the hills.

Fill your boots (the trailer):

Last edited by a moderator:
"
TT (3D): Closer to the Edge

A docu-film following the 2010 Isle of Man TT race from the perspective of Guy Martin.

If you love bikes you will just adore this film. It's warts and all with a bit of occasional ham thrown in for good measure (Martin whilst incredibly talented seems to like to play the system to his own ends).

Quite an emotional journey as you see many of the riders / family / friends go through the emotions of their husbands going out and racing a road course which is basically about as unforgiving as it gets. There are even 'real' deaths and serious injuries charted during the filming of the race.

It's a simply amazing event, and on the strength of the film we're going to try and go to see it in the next year or so. Truly amazing film, and an absolute breath of fresh air in a world full of cinematic bilge and detritus that seems to continuously pipe out from that awful American city with the big white name badge in the hills.

Fill your boots (the trailer):

Warren, it was an amazing film. You should try watching Nick Sanders an incredible journey and also just Jo, about Joey Dunlop. They are both really good viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
warrior - 8.5/10
Dinner for Schmucks - 6/10

Next on list is
Immortals
The Grey(sp)