Range Rover Sport, 99 turns and 999 steps to Heavens Gate, China.

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
I watched this video this morning and not sure that I believe it, the angles seem impossible or at least over exaggerated. They do a test on a small set of steps and it has trouble doing that and also has a cable attatched at the front. No sign of any cables on the real challenge and it seems to just romp up the steps no problems at all.
What do you think?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/watch-awe-range-rover-sport-12011888

Busted, having a look again I can see a slightly disguised cable.
RRS_18MY_DragonChallenge_120218_01-resized.jpg

Can’t view the vid at the moment - but it shows where their focus is now. I seem to remember reading their quarterly results not that long ago and China was JLR’s largest growth market.

It’s a bit like the old ad where a Land River drove up the side of a dam - that was a fake too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would have to use some sort of safety wire, if the car did have a problem and rolled back down the steps it could do a lot of damage + death of the driver.

Can’t view the vid at the moment - but it shows where their focus is now. I seem to remember reading their quarterly results not that long ago and China was JLR’s largest growth market.

It’s a bit like the old ad where a Land River drove up the side of a dam - that was a fake too.

Click on the link not the picture. I've just watched it again and there is a disclaimer about safety ropes not aiding performance.

I was going to say that looks like a safety rope. It isn't pulling the car up the hill it's just there to stop it going back down the hill if something fails. Quire impressive, but I wonder how much use it would be taking the kids to school in the morning.

Click on the link not the picture. I've just watched it again and there is a disclaimer about safety ropes not aiding performance.

Ah - no, the issue was I was sat on a train with crappy network reception!

I was going to say that looks like a safety rope. It isn't pulling the car up the hill it's just there to stop it going back down the hill if something fails. Quire impressive, but I wonder how much use it would be taking the kids to school in the morning.

Isn’t that the purpose of a Sport. Full size Range Rovers are for males. The sport is the woman’s version isn’t it?

i've been a passenger in a off roading scenario in a RR and I find this pretty believable....as for the chains they would be for safety? just in case that 2+ tonnes car comes crashing down on a historical part of china.

Reactions: Ghost
i've been a passenger in a off roading scenario in a RR and I find this pretty believable....as for the chains they would be for safety? just in case that 2+ tonnes car comes crashing down on a historical part of china.
This is essentially a Discovery though, not a Range Rover