Randomly Flashing Headlights

alpesh26

Reaction score
Does anybody else's headlights flash once when the car is switched off? I first noticed this a few months back, i parked the car up on the drive, locked it and the headlights flashed once about a minute after.

One of my headlight bulbs blew the other day and they flashed just after I had replaced it. I am using Osram Nightbreaker bulbs but I can't see these causing the issue as they're direct replacements.

I've had the car checked out by Audi and they couldn't find/replicate the fault. I think my battery is on its way out because it struggles to start sometimes could this be related?

Anyone know what could be causing the lights to flash?

Mine does this sometimes. Don't know why. My car had a new genuine battery less than a year ago and I don't have any problems starting so I don't know what it is

I did some hunting and found out that it's your car telling you it loves you. Ahhhh, how sweet :laugh:

I did some hunting and found out that it's your car telling you it loves you. Ahhhh, how sweet :laugh:

Haha! It must be, especially with the money/mods that's gone into it, glad it appreciates it!

This problem seemed to go away for a while but now its come back. I've had a new battery in too.

Could it be the headlamp switch causing this?

I think it may be something to do with the bulb error check the vehicle does, similar to when you sometimes see LED sidelight bulbs flashing upon ignition and the flashing LED on the headlight switch when it's doing bulb check.

The LED on my headlight switch is broken (the green one) so that's probably why I've never noticed the switch flashing
Think I'll just leave it alone as its not causing a problem - just wanted to know what it was

My led tail lights flicker when you switch the car on (because of the test), personally I think it looks cool.

No idea with yours unless it's when the car's locking it's self after being left unlocked.

It's the actual dipped beam that flashes (long with the rear lights). This all happens when the car is switched off and the key is out of the ignition (doesnt matter if its locked or not), so it's a bit weird that it would do a bulb test when theres no one in it! Strange!