Random turbo solanoid , bypass control ,evap and fuel pump errors.

It's coming out now weather it's priming or not Edgar .:yes:

Reactions: i3oricua
I don't know how often it should or shouldn't, but mine does it every single time.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and i3oricua
Are any drop in pumps recommended?

the RS3 pump fits in the B7 basket with some fiddling but £300 is a bit excessive for a pump

The thing that really does my head in is that vcds pings up 4 very specific fault codes allways the same for the most part except for today I think with an extra one for low fuel pressure.
But having eliminated the wiring and replaced the components in question the problem still exists and maywell infact be the lpfp which isn't ping up as a fault as such , how does an hpfp open circuit or open circuit n80 error translate into a failing lpfp….I cant work that one out.
I've suspected for a while it could be fuel supply related because of the problem only happening when starting .
I'm open to ideas on why ….

rob

The rosstech website indicated its the LPFP or controller so it’s just the way they designed it.

it’s rarely A+B=C

its usually try replacing A and B, if thats doesn’t work the problem is likely C. If replacing that doesn’t work then try D or E :wtf:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I think you should just replace the pump for now and clear the codes and see what happens. I'm pretty certain the pump is failing and could be causing other sensors to trip but might not indicate a fault in those same systems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

going to swap over lpfp and see what occurs , if that fails I will try the replacement lpfp with another hpfp again to see what that combo does.

Something has to work .

Reactions: i3oricua
Does the fuel pump priming function apply to both front doors or just drivers door?

I feel your pain Rob

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

going to swap over lpfp and see what occurs , if that fails I will try the replacement lpfp with another hpfp again to see what that combo does.

Something has to work .

The controller can go aswell....

whats the deal with stock fuel pumps.
There are 2 listed from all different brands for the 220hp Quattro.
I would of expected only a difference bewtween FWD and Quattro

Attachments

• 606BD25D-E367-491D-A600-B1E5C8067DE8.png
    606BD25D-E367-491D-A600-B1E5C8067DE8.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 201
Now there is most certainly something in this door opening milarchy .
Last thing last night I tried the car ,opened the door and yes there was a buzzing sound and the car fired up straight away, been out this morning unlocked it, opened the door and deadly quiet, went to fire it up and it just cranked over and took a good few spins to fire up and bingo EPC lamp was on and running in 2cv mode..
switched off shut the door and waited a minute, opened up and it the pump was buzzing , fired up straight away ….
now if that is not connected i'll eat my hat.
Weather the pump is knackered and is only randomly priming is questionable based on the live data from vcds , but there is most certainly a connection between the fuel pump priming and starting.

So it could be,
A failing LPFP.
A Defective LPFP Controller
A Wiring issue connected to the doors
or all 3 together.

:wtf:

And it is allways possible that if it is a wiring issue from the door activation , it may account for the open circuit fault everytime the fault is logged.

Might be the door micro switch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Regardless, you would still need a new LPFP and controller soon anyway so it’s really only the switch to change if needed.

positive thinking!

I was looking out the window at the old bus earlier, it looked very sad and unloved indeedy , really mucky with all the rubbish weather so despite it playing up I decided to give it a good old shampoo etc and it looks half tidy now if I do say so.
It started first turn and performed faultlessly on a drive out afterwards, so i'll just carry on doing what's needed to get the old girl 100% , I think she deserves it to be honest even if it is a rather trying process.:yes::icon thumright:

A bit further on and all is fine at present and has been since the last episode on sunday, so that's 4 full days of problem free ownership.
I've been doing a vcds scan every day and readings seem ok with fuel rail pressure and pump pressure all being as requested , even running at 52% all week.
I have not as yet organised a replacement LPFP as i'm still monitoring things.

happy days for now.:icon thumright:

Reactions: antwan64og
Still all looking good , touch wood now it's all sorted.
next step back to the turbo upgrade.

Reactions: i3oricua and Sidrick
Seems this little problem is just not giving in without a fight, gave the old bus a wash this afternoon and bang ECP lamp and MIL lamps came on.:gun2:
It's been really well behaved for weeks now and then out of the blue its on, did a vcds scan and exactly the same error code and printout.
I'm just going to leave it now I think , i'll be swapping engines soon with the upgrade project so I really cant be messing around with the problem now, its so random and only on start up.
It is just becoming an irritation now to be honest , i'll see what occurs when the project is completed with the donor lump etc, hopefully it may have gone along with the original lump.

It will Rob, the guys over at Premium Service are the best in the Middle East. They just took a look at the logs and immediately told me it was a relay problem they even reminded me that I once had the same problem.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Ok , so this problem is still being a tad irritating now and a lot more frequent aswell.
Its been a pig all day today and just wont clear, just runs in limp mode . I have tried everything I can think of now inc messing around with the n276 , new LPFP etc and still the same, well worse now.
And what really bugging me is that the same 4 faults ping up, i'm going to go right back to the ecu now I think, I really cant see how all 4 can have separate issues with open circuits unless it is at the source, maybe another relay is on the way out.

i'm open to any more suggestions really chaps.

Add a stand alone ecu to the list when going to the tte420 Rob probably be more beneficial all round overall.

At the present rate Ricky that may not be happening if it doesn't get a grip of itself and behave.

Shame that its being a tw@t hopefully you find out what it is as I think I'm right in saying for the rest of us here it would be great seeing another big hp B7 on the forum.

It will be a shame as a lot of serious kit sitting in the garage will be wasted, I doubt i'd re-coupe my outlay on the bits either in the current economic climate.
Bummer or what comes to mind at the moment.

Ok , so this problem is still being a tad irritating now and a lot more frequent aswell.
Its been a pig all day today and just wont clear, just runs in limp mode . I have tried everything I can think of now inc messing around with the n276 , new LPFP etc and still the same, well worse now.
And what really bugging me is that the same 4 faults ping up, i'm going to go right back to the ecu now I think, I really cant see how all 4 can have separate issues with open circuits unless it is at the source, maybe another relay is on the way out.

i'm open to any more suggestions really chaps.
Since water is involved, can you take out the ECU and check for water?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Also, where is the fuel pump control module located , I've had the rear of the car apart this evening and it has not made itself the obvious.

It will be a shame as a lot of serious kit sitting in the garage will be wasted, I doubt i'd re-coupe my outlay on the bits either in the current economic climate.
Bummer or what comes to mind at the moment.
Other option sell it cut your loses and get the b7 rs4 you always wanted then come back at to us in a few months swearing about how much you love it but hate how much it cost to keep it running right and your be back to where you are now lol.

Since water is involved, can you take out the ECU and check for water?

I've checked in the ecu box , it's dry with no sign of moisture at all.

Other option sell it cut your loses and get the b7 rs4 you always wanted then come back at to us in a few months swearing about how much you love it but hate how much it cost to keep it running right and your be back to where you are now lol.

Or just sell it all and get a Kia, errr maybe not, well not a Kia that is.

Also, where is the fuel pump control module located , I've had the rear of the car apart this evening and it has not made itself the obvious.
Fuel pump control module location, No way water got in there.
82725fa0198298984e682cb7b45db5c1.jpg

Fuel pump control module location, No way water got in there.
82725fa0198298984e682cb7b45db5c1.jpg

thanks chap.
I read an article today that mentioned B7's having problematic modules that fail and cause starting problems, I've not checked it as such so maybe just a shot in the dark really.

I cant stop thinking about the water! Maybe a striped wire somewhere??