Random turbo solanoid , bypass control ,evap and fuel pump errors.

It's been rubbish and problematic day today so feeling very despondent with the old bus which is probably not ideal .
Anyway i'm going to fit the new fuel filter tomorrow and do some more vcds scans and diags to see if any thing has changed.
I expect i'll get it sorted in the end myself but it's just getting under my skin and I need to get it sorted .

have a good one chaps, off for a pint of lemonade now.:yes::icon thumright:

Allmost forgot,
A big thanks to all you chaps that have helped out thus far, all replies and help is really appreciated.:yes:

Reactions: i3oricua and Sygh2k
I do have a spare controller if that needs to be checked. Just some quick shipping to work out and that can be taken care of easily. The 67% is a pretty good indication of pump failing. Make sure the engine is warm and idling when you check it after the change Rob. Come to think about it Rob, I do have that spare pump if you want to drop it and check if it works. I don't know what condition the pump is in, I bought with the fuel tank I have and it's just been sitting. Drop me a PM and let me know. If it works we can work something out.

I know it's not easy on the psyche but take the lick and fix it Rob. The next car will do the same thing eventually. At least you're familiar with this platform and can diagnose pretty well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm getting old Edgar and just don't have the patients these days that I used too have .
Once upon a time i'd have sorted this by now , now it has become a pain in the backside , but hey that's life so i'll crack on and get it sorted .:icon thumright:

Reactions: i3oricua
I'm hoping the new fuel filter may help bring things down to something closer to 50% , I've seen a lot of reports of blocked b7 fuel filters causing numerous issues inc higher than normal operating pressures and starting issues.

Fuel filter is easy job isn’t it, just infront of rear OFf side wheel.

Don’t give up yet!

yes it is an easy swap, just need to avoid getting an arm full off petrol when disconnecting fuel lines...

take the fuel pump fuse out, run it til it stops then change filter, always found helps

Holding everything crossed now but I may have resolved the problem , rain stopped play for the fuel filter change until tomorrow now but touch wood things are looking good and hopefully the fuel filter change will help the pump out aswell.

happy days again:yahoo:

Reactions: antwan64og, i3oricua, norad97 and 1 other person
Another day on and all looking good, no faults or warning lamps illuminated, still early days but i'm becoming more confident I've solved the problem.

I'll give it until Saturday and if still ok i'll resume the turbo upgrade project.
Happy days:yes:

How was it potentially solved?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After checking everything time and time again the only fault that would not clear in a real time vcds scan was the n276 fault, everything else would clear straight away but no so with the n276 fault which convinced me the problem was on the hpfp or loom to it.

Having tried another known good pump that illuminated another possible source , all the loom cabling is good as was voltage etc so a few more bits less,
what was left, the only part of the 4 faults I had not changed , the low pressure fuel sensor.

After seeing that article mentioning known issues with previous revision sensors I replaced it, and touch wood it seems to have solved the problem, I have run vcds everyday and all clear , readings are down now from 67% to 51% with a warm engine at normal 800rpm idle, and I haven't replaced the fuel filter yet either .
I've done everything I can think of based on previous episodes to get the fault to ping up and it hasn't, hopefully with the sensor replaced I may have seen the back of the problem.

If anyone else is having similar issues with starting and epc then maybe look at the low fuel pressure sensor first .
Mine was the original factory fit "E" rev sensor , and the latest is OEM VW/ Audi 2.0T FSI Low Pressure Fuel Sensor 06E906051K
Not the cheapest sensor , well from audi that is at £73.00 but if it sorted the problem then worth it.

So it's onwards and upwards now and back to turbo upgrades.:icon thumright:

many thanks all for your excellent help and support.

rob.

Reactions: Sidrick
When its stops raining for 30 mins i'll get the filter swapped over this week aswell.

So are you hearing the pump prime now under the back seat when opening the drivers door?

I am, is not that loud to be honest or more likely it is but I'm just tone deaf now after years of excessive engine decibels blasting my eardrums.

Reactions: Donfero
I am, is not that loud to be honest or more likely it is but I'm just tone deaf now after years of excessive engine decibels blasting my eardrums.
No you're not deaf its not that loud..

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

To be honest i only started hearing it when i had to run in the new hpfp internals before that id never noticed it.

lol.. thanks chap, but my hearing is far from ideal these days, life with ducati's is not easy on the eardrums or knees for that matter.

I hope it's all sorted now, it been a real problem for you to sort out.
Where is the sensor located?

Thats awesome Rob. I'm really happy to hear this is resolved. Hopefully it stays gone. Way to hang in there.

It's screwed into the front side of the HPFP Richard and probably accounts for why the fault was allways showing as the n276 even though it wasn't that part of the HPFP but is connected to it in other ways.

20ts3_hpfp.jpg

I think i'm just going to shoot myself, its been fine since I replaced that sensor, good as gold.
Then I replaced the fuel filter yesterday and now it is even worse than before today.
I've run vcds again and with a clear log its running 49.90 bar fuel rail pressure and 63.9% on idle , I ran the same measuring block a few minutes prior when the car would not clear the fault and it was 7.00bar rail pressure and 89% on idle , plus I cant hear the pump priming now either.
Seems very coincidental that the problem has got worse as soon as I fitted the new filter, and when I removed the old one the fuel was realy dirty that came out.

Indeedy but It's just darn annoying, to be honest I was hoping the old bus would behave now until I was ready to do the upgrade in one swoop, it would appear that is not the case, I was going to wash it tomorrow aswell , well it's had that now.

just a random thought, is it possible there is an airlock in the fuel system now after the fuel filter change.

No.

I think enough has pointed to a LPFP problem for it to justify a used replacement to at least test.

Reactions: i3oricua and Charlie Farley
Yup.

I agree with Sidrick, that pump sounds toast. It's an old pump, clogged filter probably made it work harder than it needed to and the remap didn't help either. Quite normal on any car for the pump to fail eventually. If the car is still starting you're pretty lucky but eventually it's going to leave you stranded on that pump.

Upgrade time!

That sensor needed replacing anyway, so its done you a favour really!

Like all cars past 5 years old they end up like Triggers brush.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sidrick
It probably has not been helping things , this is when the age of a car becomes more of an issue than the just the milage.

Just been out to the bus , unlocked it and jump in quick , no pump priming sounds at all ,so stayed in side and locked it up then unlocked and open the door, still zippo.
did this 4 times before I could here the pump priming sound and it started first turn.

LPFP , your coming out asap......

Don't get stuck on hearing the pump priming. I don't always here mine. It shouldn't do it every time, usually only when the car has been sitting a really long time but even then I don't know how often it should or should not.