Random question......

Con S3

C7 Audi RS6 PE
Reaction score
Silly friday question.....

Does installing a dump valve actually alter the performance of a car or is it just for chavs trying to make themselves heard?

In some cases they do alter the performance as they can decrease the turbo lag time when you get off the throttle and then back on straight away.

Most cases its just noise!

I had to laugh at some guy who drove by my house a while back.

He had a 1.9TDI Seat Leon. All I heard was a rattley diesel coming up the road, followed by a horrendously loud dump valve noise. :)

can improve performance but mainly noise

(which i may add that i quite like if done right and not on a stupid car)

(Oh for the record i'm not a chav and it does not make me a chav!)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............ftssssssssssssssh.......

Grow up.:tocktock:

Hedge End retail parks seems to be the place that all the local chav's like to meet up.

The amount of idiots in scooby dump valves as I now call them is unreal. They look shi!t stickered up with Limo tint windows, oil barrles for exhausts and wooshing dump valves...

I'm getting old I guess as I just don't get it.

J.

I agree. I like the subtle noise the S3 makes when blowing off but I wouldn't want it any louder.

You old codgers :)

[ytv]rHDOAKtt4v0[/ytv]

[ytv]CW5O_vD6KPo[/ytv]

[ytv]g4BDYRATyrw[/ytv]

LoL Z00!!

[ytv]vVAffTfFAmE[/ytv]

The guy with the Seat- can't even get a mate to video for him.....

But you still felt the need to defend your opinion :)

J.

Ha ha, i was thinking that as i wrote it!

Like most people i think there is a limit to what is exceptable with these things.

I do find the need for people on here to call other people chavs is funny though. Especially as half the time the thing someone is being called a chav for is nothing like what chavs do!

Anyway moving away from thread! Done right can be good, down wrong and your a CHAV.

Think thats a good summary?

Alternative dump valve...

[ytv]RzLo32onVaA[/ytv]

You can tell it's Friday...

I do find the need for people on here to call other people chavs is funny though. Especially as half the time the thing someone is being called a chav for is nothing like what chavs do!

Nobody actually called you or anyone else on here a chav. Con S3 originally asked if it was a chav thing to make noise and then noone else mentioned the word until you did.

I picked up on the fact he needed to state he wasn't a chav, implying he thought that liking a dump valve was chav and therefore making him a chav!

J.

Nobody actually called you or anyone else on here a chav. Con S3 originally asked if it was a chav thing to make noise and then noone else mentioned the word until you did.

I know that!

Read the thread! As MB said it was just a little gag that he started!

I wasn't talking about this thread anyhow, was just saying that since i've been a member on here i have seen some funny threads in which people have been branded 'Chavs'!

Was purely passing comment, nothing more and nothing less! :)

Hope the matter is all cleared up!

Fair one. But are you a chav? Can we have a list of mods so we can put it to the board??

MarriedBlonde and Bowfer are both on it by the way! :busted_cop:

Fair one. But are you a chav? Can we have a list of mods so we can put it to the board??

MarriedBlonde and Bowfer are both on it by the way! :busted_cop:

Thank you :) I have changed my rims to something a little bigger and I have fitted a sub so fairs fair athough I think at 36 I'm too old to be a chav...

J.

Yeah there has to be some sort of age limit. I keep seeing old people in modded cars and I'm guessing it was modded when they bought it and they simply don't know!

Or they're chavs too...

Lol no no I meant proper old people. Driving at 30mph on the motorway in a corsa with massive alloys and aftermarket tail lights.

Sorry, been waitin for the opportunity to use this LOL

gollum.jpg

This is what you want . . .

[ytv]lZG0RS3mVBc[/ytv]

hehe, its a duck call thing attached to the dv :)

Freakin awesomer - that is making a statement.... surely there would be people rolling around with laughter in the wake of wherever he drives..... i love it!