Random question: A3 1.8T Modded or S3?

CJA318T

Reaction score
Loving my A3 1.8T Sport (proud owner for all of 3 weeks) and currently planning to revo remap and new exhaust system (one day maybe!)!!

I'm new to Audis so excuse me if i sound like a nobber! obviously apart from 4WD on the S3, could an A3 be modded to meet all the other performance differences. Things like remapping, suspension, exhausts and the usual...or am i misssing the point?

long story short.....should i keep my A3 1.8T as stock and save for an S3 then go crazy....or should i just go crazy with the A3?

who goes you decide (yes i'm a nobber!)

CJ

I've had my 1.8T sport for two years now, and given the vast differences on the S3, you'd be better off saving.

If you throw some money at the A3, you'll get a better car than the standard S3, but as soon as you start chipping and uprating the S3, the A3 is left way behind.

nice one dave,

i'm being dense i know but is it not essentially the same 1.8T engine for both cars? what makes the biggest differences between them? remapping - BHP and Torque?

CJ

I had a 1.8T for 3 and a bit years with a Revo map and was very happy with it but always wanted an S3. I would just get a remap and enjoy it until you can afford an S3 if that's what you really want.

A remapped 1.8T will make approx 210Bhp.

A remapped S3 will be in the region of 265Bhp.

The A3 has a single intercooler and the S3 has a twin intercooler setup.

The S3 having the quattro and a way more advanced suspension is a better machine overall, and this is reflected in the price.

Also the S3 has a larger KO4 turbo as opposed the KO3 on the A3

my s3 is 270 bhp after I had it revoed,it says so on the revo website so must be true :angrymod: