Random Boot Lights

QUATTRO_REP

Diesel Power!
Reaction score
Dont know if any one else has this problem but the Lights in the boot seem to have a mind of their own, they only come on when they want to and useually after ive been rumaging round to get wat i need in the dark! :( gets annoying this time of year when gettin stuff from the boot, i even forgot i had lights untill they fired up last night lol.:keule:

jus wondering where the switch is to turn them on cos its probaly sticking,

Cheers

well i figured it aint attached to the door latch like the interior lights cos it knows when the boot is shut. and cant see and obv switches. i'll have a dig round and see wat i can find

yeah got the same problem

pulled both lights out to check bulbs and they lit up

refitted them, still lit up . . . . .

shut boot , re opened and they havent lit up since .

well i got a diagram from the parts database of the lock on the boot. i cant really make much sence but it looks like its inbedded inside the lock inself. jus a guess any help would great!
click the image to make it more clear.

boot.JPG

the switch is on the bootlid itself, its a small microswitch attached to teh release mechanism. Not sure how much the part is, if someone could find out please let me know!

One of those jobs ive just not got round to yet!

well I have punched it a few times and its working more now than ever before... :think:

mine's been playing up as well over the last few months - it can be annoying especially now it's getting dark so early.

I'll have to give the punch idea a go too:box:

My S3 had this problem. The switch is embedded in the catch mechanism for the rear door.

Took the lock out & sprayed with wd40, and that cured it for a few months - but it came back.

The only solution was to change it.

the switch can only be bought as part of the lock mechanism, 27+VAT from the dealer. Just ordered it. Grrrr

Changed the mechanism (which incorporates the switch) this afternoon.
10 min job.
I can now see my boot contents in the dark.....

how much was it loftgroover and where did u get it from? its getting really annoying now when i go into the boot!

loftgroover said:
Changed the mechanism (which incorporates the switch) this afternoon.
10 min job.
I can now see my boot contents in the dark.....

Hi mate,

You haven't got the part number handy have you?

Cheers,

ICE