Ramair oversize issue

M

markbrown87

Fitted it, everything was fine, car went well....

About 100 or so miles an engine light came on, and the car felt noticeably slower, attached are the codes I got.
I then cleared the codes and the car felt much better.

I’ve now driven home, no lights on dash and the car isn’t as fast. Read the codes and got the same attached, this time NO lights on the dash.

Anyone had these issues? Anything obvious I should be checking or should I just be putting the standard air filter back on and selling the ramair kit?

Attachments

• 785D4420-BC56-4597-AF15-1FDC2C97FA3F.png
    785D4420-BC56-4597-AF15-1FDC2C97FA3F.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Your cars Maf is set when it leaves factory to what your air filter will pull in at high speed now once you change that your car is confused as now more Air is getting processed and you Maf hasn"t a clue what to do so you suffocate the engine which will make car run slower and throw faults most common thing when people buy CAI especially oversized ones .
Best get a tunner to tweak for the new CAI and all will be well

Reactions: mister.c. and markbrown87
Looking to get a stage 1 map at some point so hopefully that will solve everything.

A stage one assumes everything on the car is stock, unless you are getting a decent company to tweak the file.

Nikki at RTech will take account of any hardware changes on the car when he maps it.
Also before your car is mapped it will have a thorough health check if it is done there.
I’d get it done soon as it sounds like the engine is not liking what it sees as a weak mixture.
It is worth checking there are no air leaks between the MAF and the turbo.

Yeah checked all that the other day, checked the DV too. All seemed fine and car was running well.
If it buggers about again I’ll be going back to the standard set up until I’m ready for inlet and injector clean and remap at RTech in the new year.

Yeah checked all that the other day, checked the DV too. All seemed fine and car was running well.
If it buggers about again I’ll be going back to the standard set up until I’m ready for inlet and injector clean and remap at RTech in the new year.
There has been a bit off a discussion going on about OEM DV V's GFB+ and it seems to be the OEM DV Revision G is winning heads up . Worth a scout around site b4 you decide what to buy if you go St1

I fitted a brand new rev g the same day I installed the ramair kit and I even checked it for splits at the weekend, as expected it was fine.

I fitted a brand new rev g the same day I installed the ramair kit and I even checked it for splits at the weekend, as expected it was fine.
Excellent so if you have the stuff for a St1 go for it and enjoy

Running slow again, same codes, nothing on dash.
Didn’t think this would be an issue pre remap but guessing it is :-(

Will take off and fit back once ready for a map early next year as this looks to be the cause.

Out of interest, have you tried resetting the ECU? It may not work, but it will be the easiest thing to try before reverting back to stock.

Not tried that no, can anyone back up this theory before I try it?

Good idea though, cheers.

Mine was similar but I already had the stage 1 done and then fitted the same filter. I unplugged the battery, shorted the terminals and left it off for a few hours. After that I've had no more issues.

Nice one cheers mate, today I plan on checking all connections, cleaning the MAF and disconnecting the battery for a bit and see if it cures the issue.
Failing that it’s back to standard set up until I get remap done.

Hi im having this same issue since installing ram air intake.
Eml light on P0171 engine running lean.
Checked all pipes all fitted right.