Ramair induction kit question

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
So I've just installed a ramair induction kit, super easy to install and it sounds amazing. Lots of induction noise! However I've noticed that when I lift off after flooring it the revs stay higher and drop off way more slowly than before. Really quite noticable and taking some getting used to. Is this normal?

Great you’re happy with the install and loving the sound

Hmm, not something I’ve noticed personally although, I would maybe think the engine might need time to adjust to the new air flow characteristics.. possibility just with the increased air in the mixture? Maybe after a few journeys in the car things will settle

APR Stage 2+

Reactions: ohmyaudi
It's almost as if there's no engine braking. And when I lightly feather the throttle and then lift of the revs increase momentarily. Very odd.

Sounds like it could be a vacuum leak if revs are jumping. Is your a manual or dsg?

More to the point where’s the pictures of it fitted?:icon thumright:

Reactions: Janice_3S3
Sounds like it could be a vacuum leak if revs are jumping. Is your a manual or dsg?

DSG.
20190316 105502

Reactions: AlS3BE and Janice_3S3

I've made sure the vacuum tube is tight on the pipe and all jubilee clamps are tight. Just seems a bit odd.