Raging! Hit & run

Danno57

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can you actually believe some people? Was parked outside my house overnight like usual and came out this morning to find some complete idiot has done this without leaving a note or anything! It's like they were trying to park, hit my car and then carried on going; cracking the headlight mounts and bumper. Fuming to say the least!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364056319715724ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364056377663257

Reactions: Davjon747
i feel for you, i used to live in a area that had alot of b&b's that contractors would stay at, they often couldn't give a damn about their work vans and within 12 weeks of me living there i had dents/scratches on all 4 corners of my car (didn't have designated parking so parked either side of the road) thankfully i never had any damage this bad, people not owning up to their mistakes are just a pain in the ****. i've also had someone open there car door into mine causing a pretty decent dent whilst i was sat in the car, they didn't even look! just walked off to put their money in the parking ticket machine, when i collared him about it when he came back to his car all he had to say about it was "how do you know it was me?" douche...

Oh man that sucks! I just couldn't believe it when I walked out and saw it, worst feeling ever. I had a closer look and found that the car that caused it was most likely white because the paints been transferred onto mine.

Just wondering what to do about the front bumper now though, try and fit an S3 one (have read you need to change a couple of things for them to fit), try and repair it, or find a good condition one from a breaker. I've already decided on fitting facelift headlights though.

Still it ****** me off with no one to be responsible insurance wise, feel like fitting CCTV up now haha.

Same thing happened to me several years back, whilst the car was parked on the street and I was in bed.
Extent of the damage forced me to claim on my insurance, which of course bumped up my premium.
There sure are some scum bags out there :gun2:

another story - same thing happened to me about 25+ years ago with my car parked outside my house some bloke crashed in to it (quite badly) in the morning and didn't stop. I made my way to work that day and got a phone call about mid-day from my parents at home (living at home in those days) to say the bloke came and dropped off his details. Apparently he was in a hurry to open his shop and couldn't stop !
As the accident happened first thing in the morning with many children and parents going to the nearby school I think he got scared someone noted his plates, but no one did.
That car was in the garage with Fords for 3 months whilst they were repairing it - having to get approval from his insurance company every time they found something else that was damaged. total garage repair was £3200, the car was worth about £3500 in the first place !

I was over that way this morning I should have had a look!
I have some silver/grey duct tape for a temporary fix if you need it?

Adam

I've just seen one of my neighbours cars and its damaged!
So I used a tape measure and lined it up from the floor to the main damaged area on their car and its in the exact same place to where contact was made on my headlight! Went over there and asked politely about it and he looked me straight in the eye and said he didn't do it, I don't have any proof but his car wasn't damaged the other day. Here's what his car looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364148988595643

See the main 'line' scratch? Well thats where it scraped along my headlight as its the exact same height from the floor up to to it, and yet he's still purely denying anything and saying he done it a week ago on a post; but I saw the car a few days ago and didn't notice any damage. Don't know what to do now. :/

Is there any way of getting a paint test done to see if the paint on your vehicle matches your neighbours? Just a thought....

Possibly, however all the little tabs that hold the bumper in place at the sides have been bent, I might be able to heat them up and bend back into shape, what do you think I should do? Try and repair it, get another one, or fit an S3 one. Does anyone know if an S3 type bumper would affect the insurance?

Is there any way of getting a paint test done to see if the paint on your vehicle matches your neighbours? Just a thought....

Hmm maybe!

Last edited:
get the police round his as soon as mate before he gets it fixed

Your a better man than me! I would of dragged him out! That's too much of a co-incidence for my likings..........

id be calling the po po round to inspect and ask him a few questions on where he damaged his car and when etc.

If you can get the police to be interested, I would ask them around...

Or just give his plate details to your insurance company! lol

Hope you get it sorted.... these people are just scum.... :(

Yeah was thinking that, because his car is definitely an insurance job so if he done it himself he'd have to tell his insurance wouldn't he?

I've reported it to the police, they came over and he now claims his sister done it a few weeks ago (they were living together with disabilities) the strange thing is his sister died of a heart attack last week! Which is true because I saw the ambulance etc, but now the car is being taken away because it was in her name and he can't afford to keep it.

I'm now officially mind boggled, have ordered some oem facelift front lights though as I need the car ASAP, just can't find a silver front bumper anywhere though and MOT is soon.

Get yourself a fibreglass patch kit and some filler for £25 approx from hardware store, take the bumper off fibreglass the back and let it dry. Filler the front again let it dry then sand it down. Go halfrauds and get some silver paint match and some lacquer for £12 both ....spray it yourself let it dry . Buff it up job done for £37 and a few hours of your time.

Take your time , step by step. You can make a good job of it. Make sure surface is sanded properly and sound of dirt or dust. Will take a few coats of silver and lacquer especially on fresh filler. Recommend priming first with grey plastic primer but you don't HAVE to. Follow steps on the back of the cans ect.

Sean

Hi Sean thanks for the tips, I think I'll give it a go over the bank holiday weekend. Cheers