Radio wiring

Stickystuff

Reaction score
Morning all,

Returning to the forum once again. I’ve got a C6 A6 but it needed some repairs so I got this A3 as a little runabout.

I’m trying to sort the radio out because it doesn’t turn on and off with he ignition. I figured out that the previous owner or who ever fitted it had chopped the ignition live and connected it to the permanent love for some unknown reason.

But I’m wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the radio wiring on a 2002 8L?

There are the usual 2 plugs one for power etc and one for the speakers but there’s a third plug and someone has fitted an adapter and wired it into the rear speaker wires so I’m trying to figure out how to sort the sound out so I can hear it in all speakers not just the front. I also think they’ve wired the signal booster into the sub feed which is why the signal is so poor. Any help would be appreciated

This is the car it’s not a bad little runabout. 158k.

16554j.jpg

Here is the wiring that I’m looking at

b7jqqf.jpg

35iro5y.jpg

Im just trying To figure out how I can boost the signal and get all the speaker wires working really

Thanks Ash

Awesome thanks for your help. Do you know where I need to connect the Ariel booster wire too?

If you can see in one of the pictures it’s been connected to a separate grey wire that runs into the back of the dash somewhere. I don’t know if this is standard or not

I have 2001 S3 and it had ignition switch from the factory.
Is this that you are talking about only on cars after 2002?
all facelift cars, yours included will switch off CAN... aftermarket headunits will need to use s-kont to switch from ignition

<tuffty/>

all facelift cars, yours included will switch off CAN... aftermarket headunits will need to use s-kont to switch from ignition

<tuffty/>
So i guess my car have wire from S-kont to head unit from the factory. Cause i have the yellow/green.

Also my aftermarket Pioneer HU is turning off when i remove the key from the ignition. Not before that.

The only problem i have is that most of the time when i turn off and turn on the HU, the songs on my USB flash drive are starting from some random point, not from where it was before turning it off.

Thank you tufty. I’ll get that wired in when I can. I meant which wire on the car loom. I found that the one currently goes to a grey wire and then to a black wire I can only assume someone has bodged this one in.

On another note I now have an engine management light come on since I washed the engine bay and I found a vacuum hose hanging off a valve. The other hose goes to the EGR valve so I assume it must go to the manifold or something but I couldn’t see or find a piece to put it on. I’ve uploaded a photo so maybe someone can point me in the right direction
Thanks

Attachments

• 64F0479E-A276-434B-A752-0CC3B369D922.jpeg
    64F0479E-A276-434B-A752-0CC3B369D922.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82