Radio text

ElDingo

Reaction score
This only appears, when the car is stationery, by pressing the three dots on the right hand side of the radio display.
However, the other day I saw radio text on the main screen while I was driving...
Is this correct? Have I forgotten to turn something on? A setting somewhere?
I'd like to see basic radio text (artist and song) on the main screen without having to stop the car.
Is this possible?

This only appears, when the car is stationery, by pressing the three dots on the right hand side of the radio display.
However, the other day I saw radio text on the main screen while I was driving...
Is this correct? Have I forgotten to turn something on? A setting somewhere?
I'd like to see basic radio text (artist and song) on the main screen without having to stop the car.
Is this possible?
Definitely possible as I see song and artist when listening to radio, if I recall correctly I think there may be a setting. Sure someone will come along and explain how to do it.

Weirdly, text appeared yesterday morning. Then was gone in the afternoon.
I called Audi customer services last week and they, basically, don't know if it should be there or not.
I can't believe this is a 'safety feature' as the MMI happily shows me three line previews of incoming emails.

Weirdly, text appeared yesterday morning. Then was gone in the afternoon.
I called Audi customer services last week and they, basically, don't know if it should be there or not.
I can't believe this is a 'safety feature' as the MMI happily shows me three line previews of incoming emails.
I had a look around when I was waiting in my car...I get the text but couldn't see anyway of turning it off. Does it not depend on the station putting out the info?

If you mean for instance you are on a dab station and on the main (not VC screen) on radio mode it tells you the artist and song title then yes. I can see it scrolling sideways even. But I don't recall if I was moving, I think I was. Unless it's a safety system like no inputting individual letters on Sat Nav when moving

I wonder if this is vehicle speed related. I'll have to keep half an eye on it and see what happens.

Are you referring to the MMI or VC? If MMI, I always have song artist and title displayed?