Facelift Radio- song information

Gugne

Reaction score
On my Golf R the radio display showed the radio station, radio programme and the track and artist currently playing, all at the same time.
I know you can do this in the S3 by using the control but it means fiddling about every time you change station and you just get this mess of sentences in a pop up screen.
I've looked through the FAQ's but found nothing, so on the radio screen, is there an easy way to have the radio programme, track and artist showing all of the time? Have I missed something in the handbook? thanks

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrMal
I agree. There's plenty of screen space to display the radio text and it's a pain to fiddle around and call it up.

Reactions: AL_B and Audi Bairn
hmm I'm pretty sure mine shows the station, track & artist on radio mode. but i think its dependant on the info it receives from the radio station?sometimes it doesn't show but most of the time it does. I agree its a fiddle to go to the "i" button every time to find the info when not displayed. ill take a picture of what i get on my MMI later on and post back.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Id be interested in how you get this too - feel that its a proper failing on any DAB system in this day and age. Certainly the radio we have in the kitchen does this as standard and its about 8 years old!

(I will add that, back as far as 2004 when I lived there, US radio stations manged this on FM frequencies...).

Reactions: Ormesome and Audi Bairn
(I will add that, back as far as 2004 when I lived there, US radio stations manged this on FM frequencies...).

Ahhh this might be why I'm getting it and the OP isn't? I'm in Italy and they don't have DAB. infact i don't think any of continental Europe does, iv never picked anything up. As I'm on FM maybe thats why I'm getting text info on the MMI. @Gugne are you on DAB or FM?

I've never seen the track info on DAB but I only flick between 2 or stations and maybe they're "not compatible". I'll need to try other stations.
Thing that annoys me is the ipod doesn't always start where i left off for the next journey. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.
Also, if I go to change Artist or Album I need to go all the way back and start from 'A' again rather than from where i was.
Sorry for going off topic, I feel better for that (but not as good as if there was a solution) :grimacing:

Reactions: Muttley75
Ahhh this might be why I'm getting it and the OP isn't? I'm in Italy and they don't have DAB. infact i don't think any of continental Europe does, iv never picked anything up. As I'm on FM maybe thats why I'm getting text info on the MMI. @Gugne are you on DAB or FM?
The radio text is there on DAB (on every channel I've tried) but you have to delve into a menu to display it. I cannot understand why it can't be displayed alongside the channel name and logo.

On DAB in the uk.

Here is what mine looks like on FM Radio. Sometimes it scrolls along like when playing Italian songs but i guess thats just cos it has more info coming through. If i click and go to the "info" part then i get the same info as on the main screen. Iv got the basic bog standard MMI.

IMG 0023

IMG 0022

Different programmers programming the different radio technologies. Obviously the dab programmer thought info text a distraction to the driver and helpfully hid it (thus causing more danger as a driver fumbles through menu after sodding menu trying to find something). The fm programmer on the other hand didn't give a toss and thought maybe one might actually want the broadcast info on the info screen. Car tech has still someway to go..

Reactions: Ormesome
That display is totally different to mine. How old is your car? Does anybody else's look like like that?

Reactions: Ormesome
That display is totally different to mine. How old is your car? Does anybody else's look like like that?

2014 1.6tdi Sport 3-door! have you tried it on FM? is there an option whee you can turn on&off the RDS info it receives? I notice in the DIS (speedo Display) that it has the little antenna icon next to the radio station name. i think this is because its receiving info? sometimes its not there and it coincides with having no info on screen.

Must say that when I'm back in the UK i swear i have info on DAB radio too. cant remember 100% but I'm sure i always see info when on Radio 1 or something cos i always feel nostalgic when i see the DJ info when I'm arriving off the ferry! I always switch to DAB when disembarking as i go from KM to MPH & so on so i switch over...

I'll try it on FM tomorrow. I'll have a look at the RDS settings too.
Mine is a 2016 so maybe Audi "upgraded" the system.

I'll try it on FM tomorrow. I'll have a look at the RDS settings too.
Mine is a 2016 so maybe Audi "upgraded" the system.

Well I checked it and on both FM and DAB the only way to see the programme and track and artist is to fiddle around and go into the menu.
It must be a FL thing.
Progress eh?

This is annoying especially in a 2017 facelift S3!! My 2016 Caddy Van does this!! Even my 2013 ford fiesta van did it!!

Reactions: AL_B and Audi Bairn
Hi. Glad someone posted this issue. I find it annoying too. Our Golf R now 6 years old, scrolls the song info, artist etc. Brand new Audi S3 with latest tech (AND tech pack no less) doesn't display the radio text, despite there being plenty of space. So disappointing.

My list of disappointments with this FL S3 goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wxm and Muttley75