RADIO REMOVAL TOOLS

Mcgough

Reaction score
Having trouble releasing my syhmpony II unit, so i can replace with my RNS-E navigation, i tried using the halfords euro keys and no luck they just dont seem to work they just get jammed.

Went to audi newcastle and they also wont sell me any release keys, although my pal at BMW says he will order them if i can get the part number.

Can any one help with numbers, or is anyone in the newcastle area who would remove my unit????

cheers kris

Get back down to Audi and demand a set of the tools! Take your logbook or owners manual or better still the car and tell them its for your own car, i got a set from my audi dealer.

Or get them from audi-accessories

I originally had trouble with removing my old unit. The keys jammed to start with but a lot of messing about got them to do the job. One tip though is to remove the glovebox and you can give the unit a little shove from the back. I've found that useful befre and I presume you'll be removing the glovebox anyway to site the GPS antenna.

No im putting the antenna in the headlining like last time? do you have the part number for the release keys??

aye but if they are like the halfords ones they just wont do the trick!!!

Got mine on fleabay as well and they were ok. A mate has managed to lose them though or you could have borrowed them.

No mate they are the same as halfords, and they dont work?!?!

Elsawin quotes radio release tool - T10057, dont know whether Newcastle Audi can find them from that.

Do you want to borrow!!! mine?? i'll post them to you if you promise to post them back??

jdp1962 said:
You can get a set on Ebay for pennies. I did.
Me too (from Germany in fact). Did you insert the keys the wrong way round? IIRC the longer edge had to be pointing to the outside of the stereo. As you push the keys home, you get a soft click and then you can start trying to pull them out.

I've since had to take my RNS-E out three times and those keys have been fine. The problem is, once clicked in place they won't come out until the stereo is free.

benw123 said:
Me too (from Germany in fact). Did you insert the keys the wrong way round? IIRC the longer edge had to be pointing to the outside of the stereo. As you push the keys home, you get a soft click and then you can start trying to pull them out.

I've since had to take my RNS-E out three times and those keys have been fine. The problem is, once clicked in place they won't come out until the stereo is free.

That's not a problem, that's how they work!

As to inserting them the wrong way, I managed to avoid that by asking Andymac first, heh!

Halfords had a try also, 2 keys wouldnt push all the way in and the top left key wouldnt go in straight....strange!

I had problems gettin the keys when I fitted my glovebox CD Changer.

I got a "pack" which has vag, mercedes bmw etc in there

I used the Audi keys and Mercedes keys, very similar and both worked, bit of fiddleing and it came out.... As your local ish I can let you borrow them if u need!

Cheers

Chris

nik nak sent me his to give them a try....ill let you know results 2mora??

cheers mate