radio reception problems - i'm out of ideas

whinfs

Reaction score
Hi people
I have a '57 plate A3 S-line with double din concert, bluetooth module, mfsw etc.
Radios been fine for the 10months ive owned months, then suddenly the radio reception went bad. as i drive around the the reception fades in and out being replaced with 'shushing' noise.
I previously owned an A4 that I replaced it aerial amp to fix its' reception. so i looked for the A3's amp.
I found two - a big one (partno 8P4035225D) which I replaced first. this made no difference.
i then replaced the little one (partno 8P4035225C) and to my disappointment no differences either.

both items from ebay, the little one was a new part, the big one im assured was tested working.
i dont know where to go now. any ideas please??

Cables, head unit, rear screen, number of possibles, we've repaired these issues before.

I had this and it was just the plug behind the top of the boot trim (under the spoiler area)

I presume you've looked at this having changed the amps though

id go for a bad connection to the amp at the bottom of the tailgate , did this on mine had to keep unplugging cables etc for half hour or so then suddenly was fine .?