radio reception problems - i'm out of ideas

whinfs

Hi people
I have a '57 plate A3 S-line with double din concert, bluetooth module, mfsw etc.
Radios been fine for the 10months ive owned months, then suddenly the radio reception went bad. as i drive around the the reception fades in and out being replaced with 'shushing' noise.
I previously owned an A4 that I replaced it aerial amp to fix its' reception. so i looked for the A3's amp.
I found two - a big one (partno 8P4035225D) which I replaced first. this made no difference.
i then replaced the little one (partno 8P4035225C) and to my disappointment no differences either.

both items from ebay, the little one was a new part, the big one im assured was tested working.
i dont know where to go now. any ideas please??

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Cables, head unit, rear screen, number of possibles, we've repaired these issues before.

whinfs

Cables, head unit, rear screen, number of possibles, we've repaired these issues before.

hi nhn. i was hoping you'd see and reply . do you cover barnsley area?

Bazzle

Check all the connections 1st

R34nel

I had this and it was just the plug behind the top of the boot trim (under the spoiler area)

I presume you've looked at this having changed the amps though

hollows wife

id go for a bad connection to the amp at the bottom of the tailgate , did this on mine had to keep unplugging cables etc for half hour or so then suddenly was fine .?