Radio, Ignition switch, interior lights

ben_turbo1

Reaction score
Website
www.rsctuning.com
Hey Everyone,

I've tried doing searches but the new search setup on here seemed messed up???

Anyway my problem is:

Radio isn't turning on/off with the igintion, also the interior lights don't turn off when engine is started as they normally do and only turn off on their usual timer.

I plugged vagcom in and got: 00849 - S-contact at Ignition/Starter Switch (D)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground

So am I looking for a duff fuse or looking for a poor connection on the ignition barrel. I understand that it is a remote problem but don't know what could be causing it.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Must be open circuit or it would have blown a fuse (Radio S-Kont). Is everything else alright electrically?
Could easily be just the keyswitch is becoming unreliable. Had mine go on my A4 and it burnt out the starter motoras it was engaging the starter when driving along which it didn't like. It's an easy DIY fix and cheap as well even from a stealer at £20 or so for the part.

Thanks andymac, just come in to report my success and your right is was fuse 37 "s-contact" i was looking for a fuse called remote or at least something to do with radio or lighting.So i'm very happy now as i have my freeview back.

I know I was so happy when it turned out to be a fuse as the wiring behind the headunit is crazy with all the freeview stuff and old audio leads that are now un used.